Tuesday, June 25, 2024

A Few Days of Special Memories


My Lynsey came to visit for a few days...A stressful time as she struggles to complete her Algebra for 9th grade.  100 missing lessons are due by Friday...That girl worked and worked, but very few here understand that kind of math...certainly not  me.  Tomorrow she goes home to finish it with Zoom tutoring from her grown up cousins.

Lynsey is desperate for clothes for school....Enough is so not enough for age 15. She did some fabric organizing for me that I cannot do.myself.
So very worth it for both of us.  Here she is folding and moving fabric for her grandma.
In her mind  is the $$$$ for clothes.  In my mind is a newly organized room.
The neat box side partially done:

The folded fabric side...so helpful.  My friends decided this should be done so I would not fall...It has come to this....
Grateful for friends who care!!

Happy with her work:  making dinner, emptying the trash...making cookies, picking up things from the floor..etc..
She is enjoying her pad.  The blow up mattress from under my bed....Everyone has the procedure down pat...Blow up the mattress, pillows, coke, chips, studying, Tiktok...etc...Here she is at 15 hanging out at grandma's apartment:
So cozy.

Lovely Zoom with Good Vibes..today  Nice visit with my sister...nice lunch with friends....lovely reading on my patio.....
While zooming, I made this coaster...I hate the ending.  However, these are examples for the rope bowl class I will teach next month...Might as well show the mistake to learn by.
This bowl came out better....Batik is the best fabric to use for bowls..IMHO...no fraying.
My sister took Lynsey for math study today.  She also took her to the new Walmart for things we "absolutely" needed for her visits with me. I gave her my credit card...Next thing I know, she is relaxing with a huge $10 glass jar of pickles....Somehow, I do not remember that being on our list...Oh, well.
Tonight I finally decided to watch a 9 pm program...Alas, my special A103, or whatever station had no connection.  Called my Dylan.  He had Lynsey try a million different things...Even cable had no service...Oh, well....This is what happens when my genius friend goes out of town for fun in her own life.  By the  time we tried everything, the program was over...and I was so over watching TV!!!

My grandgirl likes the house temperature so cold.  When I  took out this "block in the box" quilt, I thought of our busy, missing Heather...
She quilted it for me.a number of years back...xoxox

Warm and fun memories..



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Your comment about math made me wonder how much algebra I remember, since I tutored math for years and years. I dug out a math book to see. Very pleased I haven’t lost it It is so much easier now to check your math (or cheat) since they have numerous websites that will help you. During 2020 when the grandkids were out of school I was the teacher since my daughter had to work. I helped both learn math for their grade level. It helped that I ignored the teaching method in the book which was absolutely stupid and taught them math instead of that garbage they call math these days. So don’t feel bad the methods used now are not what they taught when we were in school.