Sunday, June 30, 2024

Life and Me

Yesterday was a two sided day.  After physical therapy, I  met Lynsey at the Rea Road library for tutoring...TBTG a friend of mine found the perfect tutor...after at least 20 tries..wasting valuable time...Algebra is hard stuff.  Lynsey had been struggling for quite awhile.  I was delighted to have been there to meet her tutor to be sure it went well.  Paying, I felt that it was  worth a million dollars.  Just wish we had found her sooner..Lynsey is only 15.  She cannot find her own tutor for homeschooling .Algebra is a struggle for some of  us. 

 Look at the lovely view at my window seat at the library where I read 12 quilting books while I waited.

Today rain...we need it so. And, a finish.  Of course threads still have to be snipped (I hate that part!!)
But, I am calling it a finish....baby or wheelchair size.

Lately, my PayPal finger has been itching to exercise.  On Jaipur Carts out of India on Etsy, came 4 Kantha cloth quilts.
Thanks to my online chat with friend, Sujata Shah....I have washed these...cold water, delicate cycle...and into the dryer..
I needed her suggestion on  how to launder these.
They came out grand...Now what will I  make out of it????
This orange one seems to be all Rayon...All the stitching looks hand done, but I know that cannot be true...Wish I had the machine that makes it look hand sewn.

The second one:washed and dried,  the red Kantha seems to be all cotton...Very strange to me...but interesting...What should I make with this one??

The purple Kantha is also rayon.  Both orange and purple are crib size, The cotton one above is twin.
\

The afternoon was awful..It made me cry that folks can be so hateful.....
However, I did cheer myself with a treat from Trader Joe's
The roses are stunning...and so are the Dianthus...I just bought both!!!

Of course their wine is great too.  A little wine, a few flowers, talking to my sister and a few friends...and voila...
Accepting that life has many avenues...Some good and some not so good...
Fabric, friends, food, fun. flowers...wow...lucky me.

 

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Sounds like a great day with a hard bit thrown in (and thrown out). I remember having to get a tutor for my daughter when she took AP Calculus in HS and the teacher was a nightmare. It was very costly but she did well on the exam and boosted her confidence. She went on to get a Chemistry bachelors and Phd and is a chemistry professor now, so it was money well spent long ago for a wonderful tutor.

Mystic Quilter said...

A beautiful colour filled post Diane! Hope all the hard work pays off for Lynsey. Been missing reading posts, multiple ongoing health issues - you know the feeling!! Hope youre doing well.