Sunday, June 2, 2024

Sunday and Such

Joe is one of the chefs here...He makes me Cuban sandwiches even when they are not on the menu.  He is sooo nice
So...voila...a potholder made just for him...Will deliver it tomorrow!!

The back of Joe's potholder:
A zippy purse...I have not made one of these in years...
Patriotic ones.



Picture of Aoife and her daddy a few days ago.  Unfortunately the girl is sick...again...pre-school stuff.
Aoife will be 4 in 7 weeks...OMG!!
All my grandchildren have slept under this "Brown Bear" quilt.

I seem to have anxiety about my son's absence from our  lives...Some days it overwhelms me.
Today I dealt with it by a great exercise in our stunning pool, eating lunch with new friends and sewing!!!

I am thrilled to be back making something other than potholders.  I always put a shiny penny in these zippy coin purses...for good luck.
Will finish a few more tomorrow.


A present from Sherry!!  I love having one of her mug savers...


Experiment gone poorly, but OK .I am so glad I did this tonight.  I am supposed to give a small presentation on making rope bowls...Tonight, somehow, the rope curved up without my help.  I was making a trivet, but ended up with a little 4.5 inch rope bowl...Oh, well..It is a bit  crude, still usable. I have to U-tube it to see what went wrong.

Another lovely day in Charlotte to sit outside and read...Reading another of Hazel Gaynor's historical novels.   This one is about the internment of American and British children during WW2....As Japan declared war on 
China too.. My school history  has been mostly about the European side of that war....How did I not know these things till  now???

Tuesday I am going to Mohs surgery for some skin cancer on my face....The result of living in Miami 20 years and being raised in Phoenix, Arizona!!  Grateful to have a good book to read while I wait on results.
Thank God for a sister to take me.


No comments: