Sunday, June 9, 2024

Looking for the Light

Yesterday at 
CMQG, I had the pleasure of being surrounded by amazing talent.
Due to the sharing and chatting and laughing and sewing, I managed to finish piecing all these blocks
Just adjusting the value and I will whip them together... It is close to the time I will be chatting  with my great longarmer, Mary Jerz.


My Lynsey is visiting....It was to be one night, but she needs to finish a million home schooling lessons in a few weeks in order to graduate to the next level...10th grade.  So much stress for her...probably quieter for her to study with her grandma.
and of course, laugh and gossip and share and help Grandma...
She is a lovely girl...lucky me..


Meantime, on the other side of the country, my family is vacationing in the  Redwoods and at a beach in Oregon.
Below:  Secret Beach


Amazing fun.

Now I am thinking twice about my Marcia Derse quilt.  It looks so busy.  So I will  not mess with the balance any more.  I will just stitch it together with a small plain border to set it and send it off...Things are usually better once I get away from them for awhile....Finishes make a difference,  with quilting and binding and distance.

I am also feeling my age, so want to use some of all my collections....sigh...Maybe Kaffe next or Denyse Schmidt
Or finish one of my many UFOs.

Well, that light I am looking for is bed, I think...Tomorrow another nice day: In house quilting group, dinner with friends and Lynsey,
Sewing and fabric touching...

PS  Is June a good time for a New Year's resolution????
I am out of control with chocolate and fabric sales...OMG
I need nothing..but fabric calls...even from India..

 

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't think the MD quilt is too busy. I think you will like it a lot better when it is all sewn together and quilted.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I don't think the MD quilt is too busy. Once it is sewn together and quilted you will love it.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Marcia Derse fabric is busy. You went with it. So glad Lynsey could visit and study. Hope she does well. We are all getting creakier and less flexible. Always a choice to keep moving and power through. It is worth it.