Sunday, June 16, 2024

It is a Generational Thing

Happy Fathers Day...As I am so grateful for the fathers who raise other peoples children with love.
Here is my oldest grandson, Evan...He will be 19 in 12 days.  He dropped out of high school at 16; He learned a trade in construction from his step-father; He has accumulated in his savings...money....Last year, he bought himself a tiny house and plugged it into the back yard for his own independence and freedom..  A few days ago, he bought himself...with his own earnings, his first car....
Sooo very proud of Evan.

Dear Aunt Carl....of Greenville Alabama...my daddy's sister.  You live forever with me.  Even though  you died 10  years ago, I will never forget the rootiing you gave me from a jar in your window....a Gardenia rooting....Thirty years later, this one little rooting has provided huge trees in our back yard...10 ft by 10 ft, the original one....It also has  provided numerous gifts to friends....As you told me, use distilled water as now-a-days...water has so many unfriendly chemicals.
This is my last rooting...At four ft tall, it stands in a pot on my patio....
I will always remember you with love. xo

A lovely day today.  Starting with an energetic and relaxing  swim in our awesome pool, lunch here with a friend, reading on the patio, Anne Lamont's newest book..
Now finishing up some sewing....eg another bag for the card club to hold 4 decks of cards for "Hand and Foot"
Basting a scrap quilt for the homeless center,  arranging things in my sewing room so I will not fall...sigh...

The only  thing crazy and irritating is Bloglovin....I have been blogging there for years...maybe 14 years.  Now when I try to access the blogs I have been following I am supposed to sign in and get a  password....
I am not going to do that...
I do not feel like I have options as I have no left brain and am computer weak..
I still like blogging and following my friends...do not feel like giving it up yet....
Sigh
Sigh....still, it was a good day  

 

1 comment:

Nancy said...

You could try follow.it instead of Bloglovin. Last year Bloglovin was not loading for me so I added blogs to follow.it. I get an email everyday a d can access them that way. Commenting it still difficult but I mostly stalk. If I comment and can’t get logged in I add my name and don’t expect a response.