Monday, February 24, 2020

Lost and Found and Fun

Yesterday was a fun time at the Woodcarvers' convention in Charlotte.
This piece stole my heart!! Wonder why??  I have probably thrown away my old wooden spools..
But, then, maybe they are lost!!!!
A friend carved this flower and gifted it to me...lucky me!
Speaking of lost...I just found these under my mess...
Grandma's embroidered kitty and my strip tree. :)
Prevalent now, is "slow stitching" .  Hand work to relax.
It is a reminder to "chill".
The last time I did hand work...was the ALS clinic "hexies"
Well, this is my idea of "slow stitching" now... UFOs that are forever old
One border added to this tonight.
I love the corner blocks!!

My yummy chicken sandwich...a la Marie..putting a bit of mango chutney
with raisins...So yum.
Starting new pink quilt for the CMQG outreach.
Using orphan blocks and scraps...Now this is relaxing.
Hoping to make my number 3 promised quilt soon.
Lastly, this Gazette came in the mail today.
Right to ME!
See...it is all about ME!!

PS. I hope to remember to make encourage the boys to learn
to fold laundry.  When Lynsey gets sick....wow...things are left undone.


2 comments:

Cathy said...

The Santa Spool is so adorable. New to your blog. I like what I see. Hugs

Kaja said...

Taking it slowly sounds good and a bit of hand stitching is always a positive thing in my book.