Wednesday, March 18, 2020

The Changing of Our World

I saw this quilt online somewhere...I do not remember where...
and, I have no pattern.
Day two...homeschooling...reading outside.
This year there was nothing but anxiety for St. Paddy's Day
This fun picture is from 7 years ago
Dylan cheering Grandma..by bringing in two tulips from the garden
I love tulips.

Below, my first finished receiving blanket ..helped along by my
new online quilting group, the Good Vibes Quilters....
This one is for someone who loves NE USA and also loves sheep.
Yesterday was the third worse St Paddy's Day of all..for our family.
We forgot to celebrate any of it...we did not even wear green. Instead, we picked up
a Chrome book from school for Dylan's home learning.
We tried to get the two chrome books linked to the school...
with NO success, and a lot of irritability .

 We sat in shock as our city closed down..from the schools to the malls to the libraries..
Tonight...
My son went to 5 different grocery stores for another chicken or ground beef.
He came home with a huge Thanksgiving turkey...for baking and souping and sandwiching.
I am so grateful.
He also had to find parts for our now broken garage door and our rotten deck boards.
Soon, he too will not be allowed out and about.
More stress is upon us.  I never really liked potato chips...I am a sugar lady...but now
My good old friend, anxiety, keeps me stuffing the chips into my mouth as if they were vitamins.

This note on Cherie's blog brought things into perspective.

Again, I must repeat:

I am not OK.  But, I am trying.

4 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Stress upon stress upon stress. Brilliant idea to cook up a turkey. Hopefully the schools will help your grands get connected soon. What a huge adjustment for everyone.

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

I feel for you, we are at home but allowed to go for walks, so long as we don't get near to people. Not only will I miss my son and his family but with the library shut, my story and rhyme time with the littlies has been stopped for 12 weeks.
A turkey is very versatile for meals, lovely to see your grandies reading outside, too cold here to do that.
Your little quilt is pretty. Fortunately, I expect you have a little bit more fabric you can sew with.
Virtual hugs from a safe distance
Josie

myrtovl said...

Hi Diane, I just found out that the pattern with the paper rolls has been created by Karen Brow and it can be found at the javahousequilt.com Carolyn Friedlander with Karen are organizing a QAL for that pattern. I love the photo of your grands homeschooling and the cat strolling around. Take care, Myrto

Mystic Quilter said...

Diane the toilet roll pattern is http://javahousequilts.com