Thursday, April 16, 2020

The O'Quilts Family Carries On..

My sac bag...DONE!!!
Crazy pattern I have had 15 years.
Stitch likes it too...xo
Made from Anna Marie Horner linen gifted to me.
Black and red cotton dots as lining.
It is very sturdy.
The batting, asked for as a stabilizer, makes the bag very heavy, even empty.

Home Schooling....life skills!!!
We had a discussion about the possibility of the summer veggies in the fields rotting
because no one could pick them and people could not go out to buy them.
How can the O'Quilts family take care of themselves?
Well...they planted veggies with their father.  Now, they are learning about mulching.
They gathered the pine needles from our yard.
Voila...free mulch!

This afternoon has been splendid.. Resting in the sun with a book.
 "stress free"....
Because of this rest, I have been able sew and finish.

I  have become the laziest grandma ever!!!!
My nights have become days and my days have become nights...to bed at 3 am ...up at noon....soon it will be to bed at 4 and up at one...What day is it?  Dark chocolate with nuts hidden from the children in my fabric stash...Same baggy clothes every day...hmm..
Even my Irises are confused.  These usually bloom around my mother's birthday in May.
This year, they started blooming in early April..Not to mention the "Christmas Cactus" that is really a "Thanksgiving Cactus" and blooms at Easter..

We have here, a poem of such great understanding that it takes my breath away each time I read it.
Thank you Carol for sharing it with me at this time.

you wonder
if it is worth
living your life
cracked
wide open,

whether
wearing your heart
on your sleeve
and
all your
hopes
carried in
unclenched
hands,
is ever safe,

where
all the world can
see, and
all the world can
say
what they feel
about the tender courage
that has taken
root
within you

It will not be easy
no
definitely not
there will be pain
it is a new birth
after all.

but, you must not
 curl
 inward

lift your head
unfurl your spirit
reach upward
live outward

you are the holy broken

the one holding the light

and if you show your scars,
people will come
and sit with you
and they will listen.

and this
is how we heal each other
by living gently
and walking vulnerably
unafraid of opinion
ready to wipe away
tears
and
fears
and
other darkness
with the light
shining
from
the cracks
in our bones
moved only by the spirit

so, yes--do it
live your life a white dove
on the battlefield

cracked
right
open

It will be ok

@Liezel Graham 2018
on being the holy broken.

Thank you....I too, now think it will be OK!

.





elete or h

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

I love the bag Diane, I might try and make one for myself, goodness knows I am not short of fabrics!! Gosh how good to see your son with the kids planting vegetables, lovely to have home grown veggies, why do they always taste so much better than from the grocery store!
You're not the only one with blowers blooming out of season, I have a day lily which has one flower right now and doesn't come into flower usually until September.

Bridget said...

Excellent bag, Diane. I need to make some of these. Maybe in a year or so. Finishing stuff seems to be calling my name. Excellent skill, making a veggie garden, and so important since this darned virus has really messed with so many farmers and the people who work for them. Plant on! Loved the poem, but have completed my blog. I may do another one with a different perspective, but for now I am on Instagram, @bridgetnm510

Glad you are still blogging and that life is a little easier right now.