Saturday, April 18, 2020

CMQG Outreach Quilts Done

These are the last of the 5 quilts I am making for the CMQG December outreach for homeless children.  Nice to feel I have accomplished something.
Can you imagine having them done already in April????
These cat four patch blocks had been sitting around forever.
I paired them with my favorite batik....a green cat paw
I wanted to save it...I did not want to use it.
I keep hoping and hoping that there will be a trailer hitch on the hearse.
I used it anyway.
Here is number 4...outreach child's quilt.
The cute backing for the above.
The truth is evident...My dear Lynsey has OCD/ AD/HD like her father...
She begged to organize the food in the garage...She find this so much fun. When I came to take the picture..and she became annoyed...oh well...
Me, the disorganized one...just loves those qualities that I could never dream of having.
Looks like we will have enough bush beans for all summer.
My son just put in the cucumbers and squash.  Within 15 minutes they were being eaten by
small worms...OMG...did they work fast...and these plants are only an inch tall...Jeeze..
My daughter is having her first baby in July...A girl...a garden girl and
evidently a dog loving girl...I suggested the name Cora...or Rona... They were not amused..

There is nothing like a person who gives a good hug...
Oh, no...no hugs now...TBTG for my grands..

I am not allowed out of the house..
What kind of life is that??
I love a good 2-3 hour lunch out with a friend..
That is not happening either.

I think tomorrow I will be helping with doll clothes.
Lynsey's favorite American Girl doll, Carlos...needs summer pants.
And, Lynsey wants me to buy a baby carrier for him..
No No No...These times, my girl, call for a budget.
I just downloaded a free pattern for such...My guess is that that will
happen tomorrow when I get up, early afternoon. We do not buy, when we can make.
It is now one am.

Home schooling starts Monday...OMG...
Thank goodness the kids know how to access Zoom themselves.

My grands are amazing for ages 10 and 11.
I told them that inside I was really 42..
They thought that was a heck of a joke.
I told them that I did not like my fat belly.
They told me that no grandma should be skinny and that they love me just the way I am.
Love!!  A person just has to love love...

I have a large lap quilt that needs to be basted.
My son said he would do it.
He said he would do anything for me to be back in a good  mood.

I have not had a ponytail in 50 years...Who would have known...now would be the time.

My son has transplanted the yellow rose bush.
He has drilled holes in bins for the seedlings....
He has taught Dylan how to cut the grass.
He has done the dishes.

Still...still, his mother is in a very bad mood.
Introverts...check in with your extroverts.
We are not doing well.
xo

2 comments:

Cherie said...

Oh dear, that bad mood sounds miserable. It's no fun for you and even less fun for those around you. On my laptop the top quilt reminds me of a garden. I have a yen to make a proper 'picture quilt' I have seen some stunning ones on the internet. Maybe when Tony goes back to work next week I will make a start.
Please stay safe... My youngest grand daughter is called Melody.. I quite hoped they would call her Rose but Melody is still a pretty name

livelymonkey said...

I think your grandchildren are amazing..... kudos to you for all you have taught them.... I’ve never seen children so competent. Would love to have Lynsey organize my kitchen. Your son too is such a wonderful Dad. You have raised a wonderful family.
Mona