Saturday, April 25, 2020

Crazy O'Quilts' Family Carries On ...

Making of masks...:  14 on the good side; one all wrong.
Who gets crabby concentrating on the failure?????
Even Stitch cannot bear to look at it.
The accurate masks will be mailed to friends on Monday.

 O'Quilt news:
We have had no dishwasher for two weeks..it is old and rotten and not working.
For the past two days, we have had no hot water..
What we do have is:
A big back yard for the children, 5 sewing machines, several boxes of Trader Joe's Shiraz wine,
Chocolate, Enough food and certainly enough fabric..
And, each other...

Dylan does not do his homework.
He does his reading with his sister and he does his math because he likes math.
However: my guess is that he is not the only 10 year old skipping out on Science and Social Studies.
He does read every day...under great protest.
We are all learning new things.
Home school learning....Dylan pressure washing.
We have the O'Quilts' grands in combat gear...ready to fight.off whatever comes to us.
We have Lynsey telling her grandmother to calm down, breathe and be patient???????
Grandma was reading outside in the cold, getting  I admit, a bit irritable.
No hot water and very little elastic.
When....Wahoo...in the mailbox came elastic,that I did not remember ordering!!

My son drained the hot water heater and now we have hot water.
I am the luckiest person ever.
 I just love a good hug...not many people can give a good hug.
Isolated me...is grateful to have my grandchildren with me to hug on..
My son is making pancakes for dinner with the help of his children.
I am in my sewing room...a place of peace.

Mask sewists....
Check out this link:
I ordered one a few hours ago and it already has shipped.
Stay tuned.....

Love this u-tube song.

PS  Sorry I do not know how to adjust the font size.!!!

Now, we have a tornado warning...Jeeze Louize...
I am staying up to watch this...Wind and hail...OMG
I certainly  hope this leaves us all alone!!
Hope it does not blow away my new elastic!!!!!

Ending this post as I watch the news....is a picture of our O'Quilt's  family connection in Ireland.
Cousin Ann said it was a lovely day...thus she is sewing outside!!!!
In Ireland, she is sewing outside and in Charlotte, we are awaiting a tornado.

Tornados missed us...whew...
Crazy life!!!
Be safe!

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Guess the kids won't come to much harm learning other things besides school work, the kids here - some are back in school but some not, lots will continue on with home tutoring I think.
Hope you've escaped the worst of the tornado and lovely to see the sewing machine all set up i Ireland - does she make quilts?

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am glad you have your hot water back and that you found elastic. I hope the tornados miss you. Sounds like you are managing well and keeping a good attitude.