Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday Night Before School..and No One Cares, but Grandma

A grey day made brighter by snipping loose threads
on finished quilts....outside.
In my dreams I was going out to the Chinese restaurant for a lovely 2-3 hour lunch,
 with a friend or two.
Then I woke up...
Oh...My friends will not go out to a restaurant with me.
Oh, the restaurants are closed.
Oh, my family insists I stay home.
Oh!
Drenna has set up Zoom quilting meetings with two quilting groups of ours!!!
Suzette reminded me that the only place housework is before quilting...is in the dictionary.
I just knew it!!
Grateful for these smart friends!!
The old grandma with poor organizational skills gets going.
There are several ways that an adult with AD/HD can focus.
1. medication
2.  aerobic exercise
3. procrastination
4. getting furious
Virtual school is back in session tomorrow after spring break.
Agitation has been my friend the last few days..
Finally, I figured out why.. Homeschooling preparation that I had not done.
I could feel the fury building...and so..I got it together.
I searched my emails for teachers instructions that I had ignored.
I printed out class Zooming schedules on my pantry door.
I put a second copy of school instructions in folders.
I am giving myself a big shout out for sharing a spot in my sewing room
for school work...OMG
I mean, really....I could have a project in that slot!!
or..fabric...lovely fabric..


Spring is in full force here in Charlotte.
Time for my seasonal cacti to go back outside to live under the bench until October.
They have taken their summer vacation there for at least 7 years.
This pink climber was planted 21 years ago when we first bought this house.
Some years it blooms wonderfully...some, not at all.
Look what a little Coronavirus isolation does to UFOs!!!!
Amazing

1 comment:

Cathy Cartledge said...

I'm thinking about planting roses. Thank you for your blog, knowing your story, voice, laugh and presence inspire me.