Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Ebb and the Flow

Place mat finished for Parkinson's friend living in care..
Below is the backing.  I so love finding the perfect fabric in my stash for a piece.
Today the children's principal did a Zoom visit with them.  At first Lynsey had
thought she was in trouble...Ha!!  Once we were all on, the dear principal saw our garden,
their sewing machines and pieces, the cat, etc. It was a great thrill.
Everyone misses school, friends, routines.

A neighbor brought us blackberries.
My son brought home vanilla ice cream.
Sounds yummy.
Grandma says to eat your stew first!!

Sometimes a person just needs to have some mindless sewing.
Pre-cut monkey squares on sale from Foust years ago...found under a mess
. Making 4 patches to relax.
When I was looking in the Patriotic box for an orphan block for the place mat
I found these disappearing nine patch blocks...
These are the perfect size for our VA outreach to hospice.
There is nothing that makes me happier than a gift that is handmade.
This is a lavender sachet made by Muggs.  She got the perfect Dala horse
fabric from Spoonflower and gifted it to me on my birthday last year.
.  It reminds me of my Swedish grandmother.
A few years back, my musical daughter made this adorable CD cover for music she recorded
of her own tin whistle playing. I love both the package and the CD.
Today was a lovely outside reading day.
More Zooming tonight with my IQ quilting group
Then:
Out of the blue, tonight....
The wicked wind of grief blew right through me..

2 comments:

Cjsmimi said...

Good morning, dear friend! Reading your posts almost always make me smile. These difficult times call for more smiling and sewing (had to get that in, of course) to help us remember the important things are the little things. ;-) Thank you!

Mary Marcotte said...

It's strange how feelings can hit us so suddenly. My therapist says feel them. They are your feelings, so own them. Do what you've got to do to deal with them, and then make yourself move. Go sew, cook, walk, whatever. I'm trying to practice doing just that. Bottling them up hasn't worked in 10 years, so it's time to try something new.

As for preaching appreciation, no need! You've got that coping skill in the bag. I loved this post. It's a great reminder that we can appreciate the people and things in our lives even when we are struggling through strong emotions.