Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Air so Clear, after the Storm...

Last night I finished Ava's two sided mask.  She is my grand's little sister,
Ava just turned two..I loved making her mask.
This isolated extrovert (ME) wants to have lunch out with her friends.
Instead, she is making masks and hanging them outside on her Clematis for a picture!!

I am officially out of 1/8 and 1/4 inch elastic
Sad news here..
I have been scammed by Lone Wolf....I ordered 1/5 size elastic for mask making...It was promised Friday...Now I am told they lost it...When I went to Amazon...I see a long list of complaints that say the same thing...money not refunded, elastic not shipped, elastic lost..
.I cannot believe this...grrrr.
Who scams someone buying elastic????
Ugh..might have to switch to bias binding ties...but I do not like that.
Of course, I hate scams more.

A lovely 6 foot visit with a friend who just happened to have a tiny bit of elastic to share.
And, some wisdom to impart!!
Tonight a great Zoom with my Wednesday night quilters.(Thank you , Drenna)
A gunny sac bag UFO...ready to finish tomorrow...
Oh, heavenly day...a finish...wonderful!!

Dylan....dressed by his sister to play FBI agent..
Yesterday was Stitch's birthday.  He loves us and we love him.
NO celebration from us, however...as he ate the head off a baby bunny and waited by the colony to get another one...then, beside my bed, I found a dead mouse and a tiny dead baby snake...Stitch is now 4..Evidently not old enough to know better!!!


The news announced that peak virus 19 date in Charlotte is June 8.  June 8?? 
 Did they say, June 8??
Thank God, it is spring, going into summer!!
My fifth and last MQG flimsy...spray basted by my son!!
Tonight he made dinner, cleaned the kitchen, removed wads of dog hair from sink pipes,and played some internet stick game with his children till midnight.
We are all messed up..Eamon and I stay up to 2 or 3 in the morning...to have some peace while the children are sleeping...I get up at noon and start making the children do their chores..
They so love it when I sleep in...They do video games, play FBI, etc.
They know that quiet children make for happy grandmas.
It was still hard for me to use this batik cat paws fabric...but I did!!!

Cathy...Thank you for this awesome note on grief:

"Swim in the deep end and feel it all, and when you're tired of swimming, tread.  When you are tired of treading, float.  When you are tired of floating, get out, dry off and sit in the warm sun.  Let the sun warm your bones and know you love him deeply and you are loved back."

Pauline Michaud...Thank you for doing my work for me on meters, etc.  Give me your email so I can thank you properly.
Today was a really lovely day.





4 comments:

Donna H130 said...

Hi Diane- If you are out of elastic, you might want to try making t-shirt fabric strips. They are stretchy, and can be put into masks either as a sewn in ear elastic, or put through the casings and knotted so the wearer can untie and adjust for a perfect fit. They are very comfortable. And everyone has a few old t-shirts they could recycle. I tried it and liked the result and feel of these strips. Here is the youtube video I saw that demonstrates making the strips and using them in the same kind of mask Atrium is asking for:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UejCpjfbn8
Hope that helps.

Cathy Cartledge said...

When I read that Stitch left you gifts I teared up. Cats are fur spirits and sister, they are in-tune! I think that's why they sleep so much - they're busy processing - lol. I'm happy that you have so much love in your life and in YOU. I'm keeping it simple here with David, Jeremiah and my cats Max and Neko.

Pauline Michaud said...

My email is michaudpa@shaw.ca. Glad I could help.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh naughty Stitch!! I would have ben in need of sedation if I found first a headless bunny rabbit followed by and mouse and dead snake by my bed!! You must be made of stronger stuff than I.