Saturday, May 31, 2014

The Nitty Gritty

 The nitty gritty one....My sister was going to move and now she is not.  But, she has still decided to go through her fabric and let go of what she really does not love.  Good sister stopped by my house first...No problem here...I took it all!  I mean really...things just have to stay in the family and I need fabric now to stay cheerful and stable.

 The nitty gritty two.  Yesterday, Mr. O'Quilts and I spent all day at the ALS clinic.  It was quite the sober day.  First of all the place was full of patients with Lou Gehrig's disease in all the different stages..grim is the word for that.  Second of all, my man had lost 14 pounds in 14 weeks.  A big shocker to both of us.  They said that for this disease, the weight loss was a life threatening kind of thing and if he did not stabilize by the next clinic time at the end of August, he would be having a feeding tube.
Eating and chewing is causing some fatigue; swallowing and talking is getting tougher.
It has only been three weeks or so since my mother drifted off...and now this...one more terrible, no good, very bad day.
Can you blame a girl from loving all kind of polka dots!!

7 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

We have a member with this disease and he broke down and wept as we were giving him communion. He went to Israel for treatment but I don't think it helped him. Each case is different, you are in my prayers.

Rachaeldaisy said...

As always I'm thinking of you . Wishing you lots of polka dots.

Mary said...

I'm very sorry to hear about the tough news. Just keep stitching and enjoying those polka dots, one day at a time.

Jan said...

Your family is so brave. I'm happy that polka dots are still making you smile.

smazoochie said...

You & yours are always in my heart.

MariQuilts said...

Thinking of you and yours!!!!

Dora, the Quilter said...

So sorry! You both continue in my prayers!