Monday, May 4, 2020

Covid-19 Invades my Psyche.

Today, from China with love...
Came my big roll of elastic.
Four weeks late...however, not too late, 
as I see the virus is going to be around a bit longer.
I had thought it a scam...guess they were just overloaded.
It seems like folks still need masks..

The Crazy:
I had to get out of the house...decided to go to the farmer's market.
My son threw a fit...How many people touch food at the farmer's market..etc..????
You cannot go at your age, etc...OMG
I said..everyone wears masks and we have to stay in the car.
We took a ride to check it out.
Result:  Most of the workers wore masks...some hanging by their neck.
Most of the customers did not wear masks and walked around touching all the food..
We left with no tomatoes.

Next up:
Lynsey wanted Taco Bell.
My son said...do not do it...No one at Taco Bell, nor McDonalds wear masks
We drove to those places.  No masks, no gloves, nothing...and no people in line at either place.
We went by Chick-fil-A...Long lines, every worker in masks, gloves and remote protection.
I am not a fan of Chick-fil-A.
Today, I was very impressed.

New family bonding in these days...
Planting the bush beans...
Age 10....Dylan is on it...He is his father's son.

Dylan broke his front tooth in half yesterday.  I called the dentist.
She said, she would open one office next week...but not the new office.
Why??
Because she cannot get masks.
And, there has been huge price gouging on masks...8 x the old price for her practice..
I thought that was illegal...guess rules have changed.

This is why I watch the news...
It would be way too easy for me to read in my backyard garden with the sun and the birds
.. and think all is OK.
When, it is NOT all OK.

I realize that part of my irritability today is because my mother's 99th birthday is tomorrow.
Of course, I no longer have a mother...still....the longing is there.
Lynsey made a cake.
I made my grandmother's fudge frosting.
Mother would have been thrilled to see how we remember her.
Especially thrilled to know that we started eating it tonight!!!!!

I starting shredding paperwork from 10 years ago.
But, not a seam has been sewn...
I am on it now...cannot let one day go by without needle and thread.

2 comments:

Peter K said...

An excellent post, as always, Diane. I really like the story about the three fast food restaurants and how busy Chick-fil-A was. Obviously you're not the only one paying attention to the way the restaurants are protecting their customers and their employees.

Rosa said...

Please listen to your son! He seems like he is being very proactive about keeping you and the children safe. Yes, it sucks, but the alternative sucks more!

Blessings to you and your family. Sew your way through this!