Monday, May 11, 2020

Keeping Artistic

Handmade key fob
Jerry, the fisherman lives by the sea....
Here is his key fob, made by me....
Jerry is 80, looks 60, you see..
Jerry is as kind as anyone could be...
He lets his wife, Muggs...get away, scott free!!!

Out my sewing room window, I see that I am not alone.
The common area by a lake, by the creek, hold families of deer.
I have been in a Naranon group for 20 years...This time we had our
Saturday night meeting via Zoom....So wonderful!!

My girl is in her third trimester of pregnancy...Little baby girl coming on
July 23...so exciting.  It is hard to be so far away in this locked down world.
But, my girl shares with her mother.  It keeps me sane.
She is ordering online...looks like no baby shower...oh, well
Grateful her husband is a good one..whew..
She ordered this hat on Etsy....She loves the muted dusty,
the earth tones and ivory...etc...musty greens, sage
She is so different from her mommy
Her mommy loves the wild and colorful look.
I want to make her bright pink with tassels!!
Too bad she cannot crochet herself.
She can sew, however.  This the first crib sheet she has made.
Crib sheets are expensive.  They take two yards of fabric.
I am so proud of my sewing girl.
The baby's room in progress...They live in an old Portland house built in 1907.
Oregon is my kind of place.
I love it so....I wanna be a young grandmother.to travel and help..
But, like my man said.."That is over.".!!.or my mother..."We had our day.".
Little baby is one half Irish and one fourth Italian...so glad we checked out Ancestry.

It is not that I asked for another grandchild, but my daughter's first baby...Awwww.

I told her I would make the changing mats...
She ordered the laminate 6 weeks ago...OMG
They say it was shipped yesterday...good thing it is only a 30 minute sew.

A few glasses of red wine, and I feel so relaxed.  My husband used to say....wait a few minutes
and that feeling will go away...
Sad but true.

PS, Eunice....If you are reading this...Emily has that adorable hand made sweater that  you made for Evan.....Her new little angel will so enjoy that.

What I have learned from a wise man.
Everyone in life has ups and downs....like arms flapping trying to get that bird off the ground.
Sometimes you make it, sometimes you do not.
What I learned from a 12 step program...
Accept life on life's terms...
What I learned with great difficulty.
We are all human and we do the best we can!!

My son did the snipping on my quilts.
Now that all my flimsy/quilt tops are quilted...
I get to get into my WIPs...so excited to continue work on these:
From the IQ rail fence purple challenge I have started these two quilts.
This one may be a lap quilt...
This one may be a wall hanging....
Hope, once again....I can put the pedal to the metal!!!
The rail fence blocks below have been cut into Hourglass blocks.
I have been on a roll...gotta make a list for tomorrow.
To keep on keeping on.
Tonight was the night that our Orkin guy came....He did not come in...sigh..
It is a new safe life.

Tonight Eamon made dinner with his children.
Eamon made the porkchops,
Dylan made the yellow squash
  Lynsey roasted the small multicolored potatoes....Yummy
Grandma sewed and watched the news.
Grandma has the good life!!!!

2 comments:

Carli The Quilter said...

So nice to live close to your family or with them. Its a blessing right now with self isolation.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Knowing a wee one is on the way brings tears to my eyes. My son and his wife had their 2nd precious baby girl mid-January. I held her twice. The biggest loss of these hard times is that i cannot see or hug my 4 Littles. 4 under 5. Someday i will have my time and so will you and we will be come around agsin grandma's both in 2020. So very, very exciting! 💖💝💖