Saturday, May 23, 2020

Hello Sunshine, Behind the Clouds

Long time coming is making sewing weights.
I have tweaked this Tutorial:
My son used the glue gun for the washers and had them ready for me in minutes.
There are two washers glued together for each weight..
The washers are about one and a half inches or one and 3/4 inches.

Batiks scraps were used here...both because they are beautiful.also, they do not fray.
Sew with a zipper foot very close to the washer...on slow machine speed.
If you loose focus...ha ha.no one I know does that!!!
and do not keep the zipper foot right along the edge of the washer, you will get
stitching that is out of line...see the yellow one below at the 10 o'clock position.
The glue gun was used to hold the washers together, but I used a
glue stick to keep the fabric on.
First I tried cutting them with a pinking blade in my rotary cutter.
That was a disaster.  The pinking shears worked better.
I love them...so adorable.
Lynsey just said:  "Grandma, Dylan and I are doing crafts now,
Can we borrow your new weights to hold our paper down".
OMG

I have replaced the green thread on this bowl with natural.
I like it much better this way.

Charlotte has opened to stage two.  My son says it is like a real
Memorial Day weekend....the roads are packed.
Not for us.  The O'Quilts Family is staying  home.

1 comment:

Mystic Quilter said...

Good use of your batik scraps here Diane an d you so obviously made them for Dylan and Lynsey to use!!!! I think you're doing the best thing staying put right now, larger gatherings are being allowed to go ahead here but we're still being extremely cautious and as I have another cardiac issue possibly, I am double careful!