Thursday, May 14, 2020

Save Your Soul With Your Passion..

Turning fear into faith...by carrying on.
Practicing your passions while making others happy.
Mother????  Is that your voice I hear???
Making rope bowls is so relaxing...This one was done in 30 minutes...
Thirty minutes of bliss...Swedish colors....Be proud of me Grandma.
I love the colors here, but pre-colored rope is a bit thin and wobbly.
I cannot wait until my order of 100% cotton, natural colored rope, comes..
Springtime..in seclusion..dying rope....sigh....So exciting.

Now that these two bowls are done, I find that I still cannot get into anything that requires much thinking...so easy and relaxing continues to be the goal.
Next up is a jelly roll quilt...
from Missouri Star Jelly Roll 2 Tutorial

I found this glitter jelly roll at Tuesday Morning before things closed up.
Since I have time now, I am making a few quilts to put aside for folks who may get sick.
Knock on Wood...

This is a jelly roll quilt...You can check the easy tutorial above from Missouri Star..
Unfortunately, I do not like it....that started when I made a mistake.
Here, somehow, I sewed it into a tube by not paying attention..grrr
I have cut it back open
This jelly roll only had 20 strips.  I have to add more fabric for a pleasant design.
Once the quilt is at a stage that is unattractive, the challenge is to make it artful.
That takes away relaxation...and until the light bulb comes on..it becomes work.

I need to be calm.
Going to put a chicken in the pot, Susan Branch's way.

As far as hair...ha ha hair??
I am identifying strongly with the grandmother look.
The babushka...look...
Just wrap it all in a scarf...I am not going anywhere anyway
And, my movie star days are over...

1 comment:

Cherie said...

I love Missouri star videos. Jenny makes everything look so easy. I chuckled at your comment about hair. I am sporting a very thick thatch at the moment.... but then so is everyone else. Stay safe and have a lovely weekend.