Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Lucky Mrs. O'Quilts

Aoife enjoys the beach at the river in Portland.
My daughter has Aoife's lunch all ready for when she is hungry!

The awful noisy drying machines left yesterday morning..TBTG
My darlings left too...to spend time with their mother and her other family.

Pearl will not go away.  Me thinks it is my son's fault. Pearl wants to move in to this house.
Poor Pitiful Pearl is more stubborn that anyone else I know.
It doesn't help that I have to go outside to sew.

Like a breathe of  fresh air came this picture of cheer..
After lunch we saw Old Mother Goose.  In the very busy parking lot at the Arboretum.
Really, it was unbelievable.....nature just happening right there.. Some kind soul had slid a bit of water in her direction.
Someone had a birthday today  We celebrated at Le Peeps.
I am flattered that she would spend her birthday lunch with me.
Workers are desperately needed at that restaurant...
It is also my 41st wedding anniversary...

Sometimes it is so hard to ask for help.  I had to ask my neighbor to come over and plug in my computer speakers....and, to move a piece of furniture just 4 inches so I could walk to the kitchen from my sewing room.  She came bearing gifts:
Calico Mountains  above
Woofs and Wags above

Without my son here there are so many little things that need being done.
My sewing room ceiling fan is making a new noise...Really??
A screen on my porch is ripped...letting in mosquitos. That discourages sewing outside.
Going crazy here waiting for the next stage in my home repair....putting down new wood floors.
If I could get the sewing room somewhat in order...that would help
At least the audio is back on so I can watch The Quilt Show....Thanks to Cousin Ann for the gift and my neighbor Lindsey for the plug in.

It is so hard to ask for help.
People are offering to help me and cheer me with fabric.
I am so very lucky.  I am so very grateful.
They make me so happy, that I even did some of my PT exercises tonight.

Next on the agenda, before the new flooring comes, is gifting Mr.O'Quilts 125 year old piano.
Offering it free....no one wants it.  They love to look at it in my house, but it is too heavy to move...sigh. No one here is musical. 
 Now I find that I will have to pay $350 to "gift it" to the piano cemetery.  
The Mr. would have been horrified.


Our mantra above...Thank you Susan!!!
I will work tomorrow on trying to move my machine into place xo












 

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Whatever happens, your life is not boring and same old. Asking for help liberates others to do what they do best and do it for someone else. It is a gift that gives both ways.

Rosa said...

Have you tried calling local churches or schools to see if your piano would be useful for them? My MIL donated a baby grand piano to a church (she was not a member, just called them up and they took it!).

Life is all about change, as you know, and you are getting it in spades. How does the saying go? "Keep calm and SEW ON"!

Karen said...

I totally understand not wanting to ask for help or finding anyone to help. I too, am alone with no family.....so upset when rather minor things need repair and no one able to be found to pay for help in fixing. Either booked up, not taking new customers, never show up as promised and on and on. I do as much as I can but it just gets so disheartening...wish I had an answer for you. People need to appreciate husbands, sons or any family member they might have to help them....life is very different when alone.

Mystic Quilter said...

Just look at the beautiful photos of your grand-daughter, such a blessing.. It can feel hard to ask for help but folks wouldn't be offering if they didn't feel that they could help in some way. Everything will slowly come back together again but may take some time, think about future sewing plans with the fabric given to you, we'll be looking forward to seeing where you go with the fabric gifts. Do you have a long wait for your flooring to go down?