Friday, February 18, 2022

Dabbling in Boring Blue

 

                                                  Boring Blues top finished.

I have a perfect backing for it, but I do not want to use it.
I want to savor it and pat it and love it on my shelf...Dear, dear me!!
Ok Ok, I used it.  See, these bears are really dark blue...It is so perfect...Sigh, why is it so hard to use favorite fabric????
Sun in Charlotte brings a good day, made better by my Boo!
Meg and I,  at least five year fellow travelers in the widowhood of ALS.
Yesterday, we met for the first time...Soooo wonderful!!
Tonight, as I was just settling in, enjoying my very clean house....this present appeared on my door step.

Within minutes, Boo had chosen Kantha cloth by Valori Wells, over Kaffe.

I wonder if this video upload will work. I am not very good at this. I hope so. Aoife is following her shadow and waving goodbye to it.
The very best for last...Our Aoife finds her shadow!!!
So cute.
I do not know how people find out that I love fabric!!!!!
An outing to the grocery store  today, 50% masked and 50% not masked. The mask mandate for  North Carolina was lifted  yesterday. I, however, mask up. Going to sew a bit before bed.  Glad, after all, that I used the bears for my boring blue quilt.
Guild Sit and Sew once I am up in the morning.
xo





















4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Oh, what a cute video!! Such a beautiful grandchild.

I'm glad you used the bear fabric and know how hard it is to part with the favorites.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I am glad you used the fabric. I don't thing the quilt is boring. Fun package in the mail! I like any way fabric finds its way through the door. Great video. Glad you could see your friend- it makes a big difference.

barbara woods said...

It's not 50/50 here , we are about the only ones to wear our masks when we are out

http://thankfullga447 said...

I love your blue quilt and lucky you with new fabric. I brought a twin sheet at charity shop for $3.00 today. I will use it for my Xmas quilt for my son.