Sunday, February 13, 2022

The Super Sewing Bowl

Yesterday's wonderful sun.
Boo enjoying the day, just because I am out there...Otherwise he is afraid of his shadow.
He was named Boo because we got him at Halloween and he was white like a ghost. It was the right name for him as he turned out to be some scaredy cat!!
Grandma also enjoyed the lovely sunny day.  Good thing as today is  cloudy, rainy and freezing.
My chicken quilt top is done...Chickens are from Spoonflower.
Nine patches were found in one of my UFO boxes.
This was my first choice for backing, but once on the design wall, I loved it too much for the chickens...
Second choice was pineapples...so I went with that.
My vintage type one patch in green...showing old backing
Totally done:  snipped, hugged and washed....fabric from my man's shirts, from Goodwill dresses (25% off on senior day) and from random scraps.
Potholder starts...I took this picture after dinner,
Sewing while Zooming, the potholders are all finished now!!
I had a lovely nap or two today.  Now I am so ready to stay up all night and sew!!
Dylan is sick with sore throat and  head ache...The kids will stay at their mother's house still another night until they are tested. They have missed soooo much school.  My guess is that they are not the only ones...This Covid thing is stressful for kids too!!
It is only 11:30 pm.  I think I might have time to play with my new cutter before bed...
So excited.



















 

3 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, it was 15 here yesterday with some sun, but not outside weather. Love all your progress. Prayers for Dylan and Lynsey to get healthy.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love a good old fashioned one patch quilt and I really like the chicken quilt too. You are getting lots of quilts finished.

http://thankfullga447 said...

You have been busy. Love seeing all of your quilts.