Saturday, February 26, 2022

Using Favorite Fabrics

Yup...a  new deal for me...I am using my favorites as I work with color.
See, I heard several times, that there is no trailer hitch for the hearse.
Not that I am going anywhere...but it is nice to be prepared...and have sewing fun.
The above pattern is what I am working on...a charm pack baby blossom quilt by Sew she Sews.  I love the bottom one, but I do not have enough fabric.
Tomorrow is Dylan's 12th birthday.  Tuesday is my daughter's birthday and Monday week is my SIL's birthday...and then my DIL's birthday and the day after that, Ava turns four!!  Amazing Grace.

Today, I got out of the house to reclaim myself.  I waited in line at Costco for gas and had to be taught a new way of holding my card up instead of swiping it.  Even at Costco, my gas bill was $40 for a little over a half of a tank. $3.34 a gallon. ($3.59 elsewhere)

Next up, I actually got out of my car to get money from an ATM.  I did not catch Covid, nor did I fall and no one stole my money...WOW!!!

 Normalcy, almost!

  Next to the credit union was Whichwich...yummy sandwich.  I parked in front, called them, the girl took my order, came to the car for my card and delivered my meal to spoiled me. (a little cup of M and M's was a surprise inside the bag)  I sent off my tax information, Zoomed four hours with my I-Pad on my sewing table. I sewed and sewed and had a regular fine day.

Chilly tonight, so the cats and I will sleep under three quilts with the windows cracked...Just thought you might like to know:)







 

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm so glad you are having good happy days, and doubly excited that you are using your favorite fabrics.
Chilly there? I had the window open last night, 20 degrees. I was raised in a farm house with no heat in the bedrooms.

Emily said...

I like using "three quilts" as a measurement of how cold it is at night :)

Linda Swanekamp said...

If you rotate that arrangement, it is a heart. That could work for a center motif. I hate a warm bedroom, I need it cool, but lots of blankets. So glad you ventured out- living life as it should be. Grand adventures for you!

Nancy said...

Last week I put diesel in my car at Costco - 3.89 a gallon. Today for regular gas at Costco it was 3.46. We buy in Vancouver because across the river in Portland at Costco is at least 10 cents more but usually 15 cents more. They have extra taxes. Everything we buy at the grocery store has gone up in price also. But have you seen the price of fabric? I am very glad I have a stash.

Mystic Quilter said...

I'm in love with your Charm Square Blossoms, so pretty and looks like the blocks would go together pretty quickly.
Happy to see that life is treating you kindly!