Sunday, February 20, 2022

My Gratitude Transforms me.

Boo on the back porch admiring my huge bolt of Kantha Cloth.
It was made for Valori Wells. It looks handmade but I do not know how that can be.
It would take me forever to do this and there are bolts and bolts sold commercially.
I think this is a gift that will keep on giving.  Bolt label said it cannot go in the dryer, so I have to be careful as to what I make from it...Exciting!

Some days are good and some not so good.
Hope is yellow today, in the bloom of a Daffodil.
I slept all day long.  Tonight, in the dark, I went outside to baste a quilt.  It was a small one but I could do  it.  My son used to spray baste all my quilts.  I miss that.  He was so helpful.  Now, it is hard for me to cut the batting and arthritis makes it hard to baste.  But, carry on I do...and this one will be done in the next few days for my finish number three of 2022.
I love my new electric Accuquilt. Last night I cut for still another new  project.  All my projects are smallish  now-a-days.  Off, to organize a mess as kids will be home tomorrow morning xo

2 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Well, here I am blanketed in white and teens in temp. Today was a bit warmer. If you have a long armer, they can baste the quilt for you. I use a water soluble thread so when I wash the quilt, the basting disappear. I only baste quilts that won't be long armed. If they are long armed, they don't need basting. The daffodils are just a dream here, love them.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am wondering about the Kantha cloth on bolts too. I can't imagine it is all hand stitched but it looks like it in photos on the internet.