Saturday, February 12, 2022

Love and Hate got Married

Random old squares turned into a lovely scrap quilt...my favorite kind.Quilting finished on my Tuesday Sit and Zoom..Will finish this tonight.

A UFO  wow...So proud of myself.  Maybe this is number 2?  Not sure.  I am counting impaired.

This quilt was made 12 years ago.  I loved it so much that I kept it.  Then my mother loved it so she used it.  Last week a dear friend lost her 37 year old husband to an opiate overdose.  I am mailing this quilt to her with the love and comfort inside it.

Seventy degrees in Carolina blue skies...a lovely day in Charlotte.
My hairdresser met me in my driveway for a haircut.  I can now see my face.
I went to the library where a lovely woman installed my new library app and picked up my book for me.  Went to Trader Joe's for snack food for Sunday's Sewing Bowl.  My cleaning lady came...whew...such a relief  In 20 minutes my XDIL will be here to take her children for the weekend...and my Sew-a-thon will begin.  Of course tomorrow I will be able to read a book outside in the sun...Yeah!!! A February treat!!

Lynsey threw a fit. I hate to sew.  It is your fault Grandma...I hate it.  Fine Lynsey don't sew.  I will help you..NO..leave me alone!!  Ok, then....
Bingo...she got it and sewed away.
Stitch has been hanging around the sewing room since Lynsey is here sewing.
He is really her cat.  She went to iron her piece.  When she came back...Voila...









 

1 comment:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. Is the UFO that old, or were you using vintage fabrics? How sweet that you are sending a well loved quilt to a friend. May it give her much comfort. I am glad Lynsey persevered despite her frustration. Her project is beautiful.