Saturday, May 28, 2022

All About Aoife

 Aoife posing on the rocks in Ireland.

 Dineen cousins enjoying the Irish beach.  Each girl looks like her father.  Fathers are brothers. Who would ever have known!!!??

Another day of peace in my home.  Another day of sewing and pool.  Tomorrow will be an exciting adventure!!!  A long, leisurely lunch with friends, is my very favorite thing to do!!
Recently, it has occured to me that age is upon me...no surprise to anyone but me!
As I go through my home to declutter, my heart breaks to let go of things of my grandmother, my mother, my brother, my sister, my daughter, my son, my grands and myself.
I am evidently the only one in my kinship group to consider myself, the family matriarch!!
Well...very soon I will be retiring from that too.

I will also be grateful when school is over.  I have been a bad grandmother not supervising homework.  It just was not in me this year.

Stitch still has an attitude..


Aoife and her first Irish Step Dancing video, 22 months

Just jiving down a street in Portland.

Adventure in an Irish park.
Aoife eating strawberries from the garden of her Irish grandma.
They will be back in the US of A on  Tuesday.  Yes!!!










 

 

3 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Heartwarming photos of Aoife and her cousin, her Irish dancing is gorgeous! It must be a difficult thing to go through years worth of
collected items, not just your own goods but things relating to family.
I hope Stitch will settle happily when he goes to his new home - have I missed something relating to Boo?

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That Irish Step Dancing video is SO CUTE!! What a wonderful adventure for her to sample Irish traditions at such a young age.

I know how hard it is to part with things. And where to get rid of them? That is the biggest problem. I sometimes think a table with all free things set up on the driveway might be the best.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

It is hard to part with things, but it helps with the healing process and lets you show the things you do keep how much you value them. I know it isn't easy. {{hugs}}