Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Help Needed

Finally getting it together for this rwb top.
Maybe I am running out of red checks for the end pieces.
Help!!  What is the formula for the side triangles..
The main blocks are 8.5 inch squares!!

Help....Aoife does not like her annoying grandmother....Dear me.
The middle school grands think I am off  the mark...and the 22 month grand wants me to go away.
Poor, poor Grandma!!

And so it goes.  The last week or two of school is testing.
Right now, we are working on turning in missing assignments and
transferring school records from my local middle school to the local middle school where their mother lives.  June 8 is the last day of school in our county.

I love my grands....but I miss them when they were 8 and 10...not 12 and 13...a whole new ballgame for old Grandma.

Sewing and swimming and lunching with friends...Yeah retirement xoxo

 

3 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

This is a good pdf for figuring out side triangles: https://www.allpeoplequilt.com/sites/allpeoplequilt.com/files/uploads/cutting_setting_squares_and_trianges.pdf

Emily said...

Are the blocks 8" finished or 8 1/2" finished? If it's 8" finished, my chart says 12 5/8" cut in quarters for the side setting and 6 5/8" cut in half for the corners. I really like the red & white fabric in your "solid" squares!

Kaja said...

Retirement sounds fun! 12 and 13 are not the most enjoyable years, that's for sure. 22 months, on the other hand, is solidly in the bit I really loved - Aoife is so sweet, isn't she?