Saturday, May 21, 2022

My Blog and I

I am doing some de-stashing as the elderly often do. My sister said 12 bags of scraps are too much and I must get rid of some.

I am relaxing by proving my sister wrong. Sewing scraps together in a random way for use in my Accuquilt cutter.

My blog has been a bit neglected as we prepare for the children's move to their mother's house.  Bureaus have been moved, changes taking place and school soon over.
Messing around tonight with pre-cuts...a relaxing project for Zooming.

Self-Care for Grandma is here.  This morning I took myself to breakfast, chatted with my favorite waite-staff, then sat in my cool and awesome car by a lake to relax.  I reminded myself that I am still alive and thus will make choices for myself. I then came home to a clean house....Thank you Yadi!! My cleaning lady is the best gift to myself.

 School is out on June 8.  I have already signed my darling teenagers back to their parents.  Their mother stepped in immediately with doctor appointments, school registration, vacations...etc...Their father....not so much.  That is OK..I am going to retire from childcare in just a bit...So exciting for  me.

I live in the woods...a lovely secluded property.  Yesterday someone set the playground equipment on fire behind my house  Fire chief said it was definately arson. I took this picture from my deck.  Way too close for comfort.

My front yard  yesterday, included fire trucks...TBTG for them.

Aoife enjoying childhood in the grass in Cork, Ireland.  
                                                            Oh, to be Aoife at 22 months.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
Cousins at the petting zoo in Cork.

Today was a lovely day of peace and quiet.
                                                                                                                                                                                                               This singer cheers my day with her beautiful voice and her antics. Anne Reburn 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  











3 comments:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

That is terrible about the fire. That must have been scary. Best wishes with the transition of your grandchildren to their Mom's home. I hope you get some deep rest and still get to enjoy nice times with them!

Michele Bilyeu said...

Love love love that cousins photo! Talk about darling! 💜💜💜💜💜

http://thankfullga447 said...

A new journey for you hopefully you will be able to sleep well and have more energy.