Sunday, May 8, 2022

Crazy

I am so losing my touch.  That is what happens when the brain does not listen to me.
Why does every quilt mistake like these busy attempts just start another quilt with the newly cut pieces?
It is like scraps...they multiply
Guess solids are in store here...Oh, well...learning thru blogging pictures.
Aoife and her daddy having so much fun.
Brothers showing their girls the tractor parade in front of their  house.
Fifty tractors out for joy...no protesting, no other motive but to wave at the country folks and make children happy...Wow!!
Aoife learning to blow Dandelion fuzz

Both of my children called to wish me Happy Mother's Day
My favorite candy mailed ahead of time from Portland
And a promisary  note for a daughter/mother lunch at one of my favorite restaurants: Le Monte when she visits in July
My daughter from Ireland and my son from a local park

I do not know why rain is coming through my eyes..Maybe because May is fraught with painful memories....ALS awareness month, my  mother's birthday, my mother's death day (tomorrow, May 9), my father's death day , My husband's diagnosis day, the day my mother fell out of her wheelchair and broke her neck, Mother's day, the big flood anniversary 

 ...All of these memories are in May  June first is our wedding anniversary...How can I get through May?

Tomorrow I must leave the house and see friends...There seems to be a committe in my mind that stresses me out...next thing I know, Pearl and her sisters will come visit....UGH

Thank God I have lunch plans tomorrow and supportive friends.  Thank God I have quilting and quilting buddies.  Thank God for a lot of  things..

4 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...


Grateful both your kids called!And that you have all that you have in your life.Sorry for all of our many, many losses in challenging lives.Still better than worse as hard as that often is to remember.Just know others care and support you,always!Happy Mothers Day with best wishes and brighter days.

💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

http://thankfullga447 said...

˙Happy Mother's Day and the quilts are beautiful. I am hand quilting a quilt at the moment but I will also to some stitch in the ditch by machine also.

Bonnie said...

Quilting is such a wonderful hobby. It takes us away from everything else and makes us happy even when we hate what we had planned. I was reading your about me and laughed to see how many places you’ve lived. I, too, have lived in a lot of places. The longest I’ve lived in one place is 15 years. Hopefully I’ll beat that number but it’ll take another 10 years to do so. I’m jealous that you lived overseas — just the USA for me. Happy quilting.

Mystic Quilter said...

Lovely to see the photos of Aoife and her cousin! Smashing idea to have a tractor parade for folks to enjoy, wonder if any of them gave the girls a ride! Sorry to read you're having a difficult month Diane, definitely go see friends and carry on quilting!