Saturday, December 24, 2022

Dreams of Peace and Joy on Earth....Christmas Eve



 Christmas Eve in my new little apartment. It is warming up in Charlotte, now 22 degrees F.
I have told my family not to come because this place is full of Covid and the power company has instituted sporadic black outs to save our electricity grids.  Today is another great day for me...Amazing Grace. I feel a little guilty to feel so good with the world in chaos.
A precious gift from quilting/artist friend, Linda Swanekamp. hand painted...so lovely.
The inside message, ...soo perfect.

Grateful for my daughter in Portland, Oregon.  With love, she keeps me in the loop.
Her window decorations:
Her darling Aoife: ( and vintage hand made ornaments from when Emily was growing up)
Aoife enjoying the winter storm:
A Christmas candle:
My girl continuing family traditions from Cork, Ireland.
Irish breakfast on Christmas Eve:

Even here:  My grandmother's candle and my  mother's santa mug.
They are making their own traditions in their own home this Christmas:  some from Emily's growing up and some from Brian's growing up....for their Aoife and family.
No wonder I feel joy this  Christmas Eve.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

And you should be feeling joy with a loving family and a safe, warm apartment. We can't be worrying all of the time. It's good to block out the bad and sad stuff. I'm sorry to hear there is so much Covid there but it happens with so many people in close contact all of the time. Soon it will run its course.

Merry Christmas!! I hope you have a nice fabric petting day. That's what I plan to do.

Linda Swanekamp said...

Thank you for enjoying my card. It is always a sprint to finish them. We are the recipient of a large storm in Buffalo. It raged from 7:30 am Friday to 10:30 pm Saturday. The big clean up is going to start. I have 6' drifts. All the roads are closed so no family Christmas Eve or Christmas dinners this year. Thank God we never lost power. Have a great Christmas!

http://thankfullga447 said...

Merry Christmas - my granddaughter brought me some fabric and all sewing related items, how lucky am I. i was sad because the weather was so cold but it is 12 degrees today.

Mystic Quilter said...

Happy to see that you were safe and well Christmas Eve given the Covid numbers. Thank you for sharing the photos of the lovely Aoife, such a happy looking little girl.