Sunday, December 18, 2022

Welcome Mrs. O'Quilts to the 4th Quarter of a Century

 Grandma turns 75, surrounded by grands..a few extra thrown in for the love.

Left to right, Dylan,12, holding the cake; Evan 17 with his pony tail and smile; Tyler, 13, Ava's brother;  Lynsey 13. Front row:  Grandma, 75; Ava, 4; Aoife 2 1/2......
My cup runneth over.

Among other things, Emily paperpieced a sunflower for me.  It is already hanging on my door.
I hate to paperpiece.  She just learned it  and loves it...so relaxing she said, so addicting!!!  I get to be t he recipient....Lucky Me!!

Here Aoife enjoys the tree and feast at Grace O'Malley's Irish restaurant in Matthews
The fish was yummy, but the price was outrageous.  Too pricey for me...
Of course, with Aoife, I will go anywhere.

My girl, Emily hates to have her picture taken. I just came across one of us together from a few years back.  It does capture the moments, so I am including it here...My Italian daughter....or as Ancestry revealed.  With me, her Scandinavian  mother...40% Swedish and 20% Norwegian....life!!!!???

Mug rug from my sister.....our Arizona heritage.
English paper piecing tree from Emily a few years back.
My door at my new apartment depicting the holiday season.

Evidently I have been accepted by my new  neighbors.  I received at least 20 Birthday/Christmas cards..

And now....a big box of  tissues.  Today, my family leaves to go back home to Portland, Oregon.
Soo sad in the parting.
Nothing takes away the Joy of the visit.


Sew remembering past fabric sales between Christmas and New Year's.  I usually go to Hancock's of Paducah.  In the spirit of curtailing gluttony, I removed all the other sites.  This year, I want those sites back.....so if you have any insight  as to which sites might be enticing with their sales, pls send them to me!!!!!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What a great photo of you and all of the young ones. Happy Birthday. 75 is something to celebrate!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Happy Birthday! How wonderful to be surrounded by grands. Lovely that you are settled in a friendly setting with nice neighbors.

Mystic Quilter said...

How lucky to have this photograph of yourself and the grands, a real treasure and so good to see looking very happy indeed. Lovely photo of Emily and yourself and so interesting to read that she has Italian heritage, also your heritage - we never know all of our history do we! I hope your family arrived back in Portland safely and that you are not feeling as sad but looking forward to their next visit, or possibly yours to them.