Friday, December 23, 2022

Grandma Enjoys Two Wonderful Days

Yesterday, I just was..very calm and relaxed,  Afternoon lunch was cinnamon toast, hot chocolate with peppermint peeps, a silly movie and a nap.  How sweet life is.

Today my friend Marie took me to lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant...In the pouring rain with my walker...jeeze louize...a  3 hour lunch with her saintly husband. I was so invigorated once home, that I enjoyed a light heart and was able to sew tonight.  She also  gifted me with this worldly fabric.

Pictures from Portland as Aoife enjoys her first Christmas in her own home. They are hoping for snow tonight. 

Emily made her daughter an advent calendar.  So much  to love about this picture.

And to love here as well:
A certain grandmother (3/4 of a century old) has been raising children most of her middle age/old life.  Self care has been preached to me by many.  Today it came in the form of a few Marcia Derse scraps that were on sale.at Etsy...in my mail box.
.. Self-gifting..to celebrate the winter solstice.

They are washed already and ready to sew.!!

Two years ago...a big Accuquilt sale had me buying this for myself.  Expensive, but sooo worth it.
This big cutter is electric.  My age and arthritis are delighted.  I never looked back..I really love it.
Tonight I cut out 8 soup bowl cozies. Using Zap and Wrap, I cut 11 inch squares of that and fabric. One package of Zap and Wrap makes 8 bowl cozies.

(https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pellon-Wrap-N-Zap-Quilting-Batting-off-White-45-x-36-Precut-Package/21976547?athbdg=L1600)

+

So easily cut, notches and all...I am beyond delighted.  I  have met so many nice people at my new senior apartment complex, I am thrilled to have things on hand to gift.  My guess is that after Christmas sales will be great if anyone wants to get a machine or die.

With tonight's energy, I finished the rope bowl my girl started when here.
It is a bit funky, but I like that look
Will wait for a visitor to snip the many threads.

My post-Covid fatigue is improving.

I have a comfy place and lots of fabric to survive the cold weather on its way .
And, evidently I have friends, new and old...."One is silver and the other gold" (Girl Scouts).
So very grateful.



5 comments:

Charlotte M. said...

Make new friends, but keep the old...I always loved that song. My girls were in scouts and I was a leader, back in the 90's. Yikes that was 30 years ago! Grocery shopping here in Mebane this morning then home to stay before the truly cold air arrives. We won't go out again until Christmas mid-morning to see the grandchildren and open gifts. Then it will be back to our apartment for our own cozy dinner. Merry Christmas Diane!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I am so happy you are enjoying the electric die cutter. I hope you will stay warm where you live. No drafty windows I bet. Happy sewing!!

Chay said...

You sound wonderful Diane, content and full of gratitude for what you have. I admire how you've handled so many transitions. I hope 2023 brings you joy and peacefulness and good health!

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Such pretty fabrics you have to play with. I love the picture of Aoife and her advent calendar. Great that you are feeling better. I'm sure the bowl cosies will be well received. Happy Christmas from the middle of England.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh goody, you're back into quilting mode with new fabric and aren't the electric Accuquilt cutters the very best!