Thursday, December 29, 2022

Getting Better. with a Little Help from my Friends....ox

 With encouraging words from friends; with the knowledge that all quilters make some kind of mess, I am feeling better.  
The grands came by  today to celebrate my sister's birthday.  They had said they would help with the mess.  They carried things to the car, folded quilts; all 9 of us ate lunch here at our Bistro.  All 8 of us were on our phones.  Please do not tell me I am out of touch at 75!!!!!! At least I got multiple hugs from them all.

My bowl cozies, finished tonight.

My sister helped put water and sodas in the fridge.  The kitchen is now respectable enough for the cleaning lady tomorrow!!!  Lucky me.  One day, post Covid, I slept in my recliner and she cleaned around me.  I woke up to a clean apartment....sooo spoiled am I.

One of the problems  here was that I had multiple projects , thus  multiple messes.  Tonight I finished my bowl cozy project....YES!!

I struggle with expectations of self.  (as in giving myself a break)  Really, I just sold the family home, I moved in here, I was in daily pain  until PT fixed me up, still full of grief!!!  I had Covid and post Covid  fatigue.....What do I think I am supposed to accomplish..??

Now, I say.....Grandma O'Quilts, you are an old lady, retired and you have no agenda...WOW
And, I have not heard from my son in 4 months.  I have no clue where he is.  He is close to 40 years old and can take care of  himself.  He is mad at me for selling the family  home.
Aoife gave in...not so good, but she did it...on her terms at 2 and a half.!!  That is saying something.

Happy Birthday sister!

My Dylan enjoying Santa's gift at his mother's house.
All five children received a cuddly blanket with their names on it.
How great is that??

That's it for tonight.  My heart beats quickly knowing the cleaning lady comes tomorrow.
When we are old, that is the best present ever....I have  been to Paris....now I only want a cleaning lady.
Told myself  I deserve it!!!!

I do not usually post Facebook jokes on my blog.  This one, however, made me laugh outloud and a good laugh is worth sharing with the world.

 I was in a store, using the restroom and just as I closed my stall door, a voice from the next stall said, "Hi, How are you?"Embarrassed,... I said, " I am alright!!"  The voice said, " So what are you up  to??" I said, "Ummm...Just trying to handle a little private business over here!!"  Then I hear, "Can I come over?" Annoyed....I said "Excuse me?!?!"  
Then the voice a sid, "Listen, I will have to call you back, there's an idiot in the next stall answering all my questions!!"




No comments: