Monday, December 12, 2022

She Rises

With a Covid isolation sign on my door and no wreath, my friends thought I was done for.  Alas, I tested negative for Covid on Friday.  My daughter and her family arrived on the red eye from Oregon Saturday...and we carry on with joy.  Post Covid issues for me are no appetite and extreme fatigue.  Doc said it should be better with time.  Vintage wreath from the 70s.  Made by Irene McLaren for my birthday back then.  I love it still....Now it graces my door once again.

Below, Aoife enjoys the matching, I spy quilt top I made for Samson.  So glad she approves.  Told my friend that her first grandchild's quilt would be on its way by the New Year.

Holidays are here when these yummy stars arrive on shelves at Trader Joe's.
Grandma is back at it with scrap  potholders.  Here we have metal doors.  I ordered tons of magnetic clips enjoying a surprise placement on the doors of folks I have come to love.

These snowflakes were Wonder-undered before I cut them out with my Accu-cutter.
My freemotion was too annoying to fiddle with so I did random straight line stitching to hold it together.
Fully expecting some fraying....We will see.

Throwing in a scrap purple. We never know who chooses what.

The city lights will shine next Saturday night.
So grateful ox

Cemetary Flags  (interesting)

3 comments:

shoshu said...

im SOOO glad y ou're back and your daughter got to come!!!!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Welcome back to the world of wellness! So good to you have your daughter and granddaughter with you and getting all festive with decorations.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

No appetite isn't all bad, more time for sewing with less eating ha ha! I'm glad to see you back on the blog.