Thursday, January 19, 2023

A Finish

Finally, Samson's baby quilt is finished.  The threads are even cut.  We have an awesome art room here for that kind of work and for basting too.

Orphan block potholders:
Sherry's table runner:

There is nothing I like better than sewing with friends.

I do not seem to have great pictures...Maybe I  need a new phone/camera???

Yesterday started off as a nasty, sad day, as my son was hospitalized, then walked out AMA with no notice.  However, thanks to Sherry's visit, it turned out great!!!  We sewed, we laughed, she fixed some things for me.....really, genius fixes..It is so on my gratitude list to have such a smart and caring  friend.

Today was destined to be a great day too, alas, at 6 am I fell.  It was all my fault, getting up in the dark with no light, nor cane...I tripped on a wheel and fell flat on my face.  My glasses broke and cut into my cheek.  Good thing that my movie star days are over.  Tomorrow I should be  quite adorable.!! (cut and puffy face, etc) Gratitude to live in a complex like this where paramedics are right at the security gate,  I pushed a button on my wrist and two cuties arrived in minutes to get me up, brush me off and treat my boo-boos.

Tomorrow I will get a big lecture from my OT on how the elderly with falling histories should not walk in the dark...Guess I will not be exercising for awhile. For sure this calls for junk food....sigh...Wondering if I can order white cake with sugary white icing by phone???  Lynsey is coming  this weekend, maybe she will make me something to ease my pain.

My long time hairdresser came to my patio today to cut my hair....I am sooooo glad.

Sometimes it is mighty hard to ride that rollercoaster called life!!












 

4 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

That turned out to be a great baby quilt. Looks like a great eye-spy quilt. So sorry about your son and your health issues. I hope better days are ahead for both of you.

O'Quilts said...

Hi Shasta

This quilt is an I-spy and a matching quilt. There are two blocks of everything. I know Samson will love it because when Aoife came to visit in December. She ran right up to the design wall to have her father name the blocks...Aoife is 2.5 xoxo

Linda Swanekamp said...

Very good finish for the baby! Please take care of yourself. There is so much in life we can't control that happens to us that it a good benefit to control what we can. I am so sorry about your son. Forget the junk food, it will undo what your goals are.

Peter K said...

Oh Diane! You are in good company. So many folks I know, or theirs, have been falling. I trust you are now right as rain, and back to carrot and celery sticks.....