Monday, January 30, 2023

Quilting as Solace

"Auntie Sam"

"Both Sides Now"
Backing

These are two quilts I am putting in the Charlotte show in March.
Just gotta do the binding.  I do not care about the quilt police.   I am  putting on the bindings by machine.,

I will prepare the 3rd one tomorrow.
I do not know what I would have done without my longarmer, Mary Jerz!!

Below, Aoife checks out Mt. Hood with her daddy.

Grandma here, is still working on accepting life on life's terms..
I was going to stop OT, but she gave me a week off, so now I guess I will keep on plodding along.
Meantime the pool gives me solace xo

4 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

Putting quilts in a show is wonderful. Other people get to share what can be done and maybe get them quilting. I do not put quilts in show that are done by jury because I know the minute I judge my work by whether it was in a show worthy or not, I will lose the joy of making them. You can keep going on the OT/PT because the payoff is infinitely better than doing nothing. It is hard.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Hugs to you every day in every way. Google is finally letting me comment again. It took 4 1/2 months without a clue of what I did wrong to mess up my blog. I got a post stuck in outer space. I visited it occasionally, asking aliens for help, researched on my phone for 4 hours a day on how in the world a 73 grandma with no coding training was supposed to fix her old blogger's customized theme provided errors especiallya stuck in time ans space post from October. Ha! Guess what I did it! Check out all the posts you missed. My blog still looks stuck in October on most feed readers. But I've been here all along.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

"Both Sides Now" is going to be a star at the show!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

It's good to keep up with OT. You have some pretty quilts to display!