Saturday, January 28, 2023

SewBlest

 Big thanks to Pat for sending me this license plate.....SewBlest!

Part of my quilting history, EPP that I sat and worked on in the 22 months I waited in the ALS clinic with my husband.  At the end of the time, I made these into coasters, backed with felt, for friends who gave me such great support during that terrible time.
My grandmother taught me to sew at 13.  My mother refused to buy me clothes, but agreed to buy me fabric all throughout high school.  First year of college, I started handpiecing quilting blocks as I waited in line for things...eg, the bookstore, lunch,.... I taught myself to quilt using these Foxfire books. I graduated college in 1969
Evan...OMG....18 in June...Where does the time go????  Now working construction in his step-father's business.


My December birthday Amaryllis...Now has 6 blooms with two more stalks rising.
My neighbor helped me on the rainy, rainy day.  Wed, I had to go to the doctor for a scan.
I did not have to wobble to my car as my neighbor did it for me....sooo nice!
She owns a sailboat, is a musician and gave me a piece of fabric for her curtain.
I used all of those for her potholder and pinned it on her door with a magnet for a surprise thank  you.
My Oregon family is snow walking??  in Bend, Oregon, this weekend.
Poor Aoife....and in the warming hut!!

Just delivered today, 3 of my quilts quilted by Mary Jerz.
Soooo exdcited.  Will work on binding tomorrow...and post them...
Good night xo