Saturday, November 4, 2023

A Few Memories

When I was in high school, I was into embellishing my blue jeans.  I embroidered a few things for the  knees.  Long ago, I had cut them out of the jeans to save the decoration.  Tonight I made this one into a potholder for my daughter.. This is almost 60 years old!!!!

My son was 18 when he graduated from high school.  It was a great big deal as he hated school
Our family invited a few of his friends to dinner.  One guy had a very compelling shirt on.  I told him that that shirt would be great for quilting.  The next day, it was on my porch.  My son is now 38  years old.  Twenty  years later, sentimental me still has cut up pieces of this shirt.  I fussy cut the blue center for this potholder.
Today is organize your scraps day....Bet you already knew that?????
Some green scraps here are organized into a potholder...Kiwi, olives, cucumbers, grass,etc...fun

Even more fun when I could use my cool and awesome lightbulb fabric for the backing!
Just sayin'  :
Hidden here at the bottom secretly is my favorite of all.
My girl and her girl loving each other so very much.
A great  memory.

LOVE!!!!!  I am so lucky to have them. Especially to see my daughter so happy.
A great day today.  A workshop this morning Braver Angels..
.then I slept all day...hmmmmm.

 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have trouble being an "on demand" person. I sorted squares into colors last week. I didn't want to be interrupted from my project to sort all of my other fabric scraps but I will do it on a day that feels right for me.

Linda, The Vintage Turtle said...

I just love the way you embellish your potholders, especially the blue jean one. Beautifully memories from fabrics.