Friday, November 17, 2023

Looking for the Good Stuff

 And, still more potholders...I am giving them away like crazy.  Everyone who visits me in my adorable sewing studio picks out one from the basket.  People are so nice here.

 Potholders are win-win....they calm my nerves and make others  happy.


Into my bedroom creeps more quilty love.
My man's old work bookcase now houses quilts.
An empty space holds an extra design wall...This is where I enjoy my favorite potholders before I put them out in the basket for others to choose.  My grandmother's vintage holiday  lights are on top.  Coming up on 100 years old.

Aoife took my daughter's wire chicken from the kitchen.  She claimed it as her own as a purse.
I brought these chickens home from a visit to Sao Paulo, Brazil.....back in my youthful traveling days.

My sister and I are planning on Christmas in Portland.
We have our tickets booked already.  My girl has three sewing machines now, as I just bought her this one:   I love mine so much.  Sew  if we are tired from being...we all three can sew!!



God help me, I am a stress eater...My sister's 37 year old daughter is seriously ill...I fix that by eating cinnamon toast and drinking red wine....at midnight...So sure that will make my niece better!!

Our crazy life seems so out of control.
And yet...beauty...:


3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your potholders are so cheerful. I can see why people want to come by and see them. A gift of art to them to enjoy.

Good news that you and your sister will go to Portland for Christmas.

Aoife and the chicken.....so cute.

Nancy said...

I've been reading your blog for a while, enjoying your posts and your quilty endeavors. I remember when Aoife was a newborn and have watched her grow through the past few years. But now, seeing the photos in this post, I'm wondering just exactly how she grew so fast. Time flies! She is adorable!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The potholders are just wonderful works of art. Love the bookcase with fabric. Your granddaughter is such a doll. What a wonderful trip to look forward to.