Thursday, November 30, 2023

Bye, Bye November

 Tom, age 90 lives above me...His hobby is tatting...Lucky, lucky me was a recipient this year.

Aoife sewing at pre-school.
Random vintage fabric I bought online.
Adorable, but unfortunately not usable on quilts...The fabric is way too thin.
I framed a snapshot of Tom's gift to make into a thank you card.
Grateful for a printer....grateful for the present.!
A quick secret snapshost of my girl and her beloved Rosie.
I took it during our Facetime chat.
Sew busy on Black Friday!!!
My PayPal finger is sore.
I bought a fireplace to keep my sewing room cozy.
Our  visit to IKEA to celebrate Sherry's birthday brought a box of  yummy Swedish gingerbread cookies.  I opened them tonight...so could not wait till December.  They are displayed on one of my new fabric pieces.  My dear husband buys me new fabric every single Christmas...I love him so.
Another IKEA find...
Tonight's surprise visit from Charlene..She selected a bag for her baggies.
Charlene's great smile made my evening  brighter. She gifted me with a pretty Poinsettia.
One more exhausting day...made so much better with friends.
Happy Birthday Sherry...big thanks for spending it with us.
AND for putting together my fireplace and hanging my IKEA storage.

So very grateful today!!





2 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Been lurking for a while but felt it was high time to leave a note. So lucky to receive a the beautiful tatted gift! Tatting seems to be having a bit of a resurgence. Love the vintage fabric….I wonder if you could use fusible to make it thicker so you could at least use it in a wall hanging? Cheers!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Very few people know how to Tat anymore and it is so pretty. I don't have the patience to learn it.
What a cute photo of Aoife sewing at pre-school. I hope she will love making things as much as you and your daughter do.