Thursday, November 23, 2023

So Thankful

 Happy Thanksgiving...No matter  how  difficult this Thanksgiving was, I am amazed at how long my gratitude list is.
Aoife called her grandmother and was able to say: "Happy Thanksgiving"!!
Above, the adorable family hands for 2023 Thanksgiving.

Dylan and Lynsey spent the night last night.  Lynsey found my 50 year old ceramic tree from Miami.  It was a gift from a friend's mother....still has a chip on the side...making it even so much more endearing.
This is the first year Lynsey decided that the tree should have only white and  yellow lights...a great idea, dear girl.
The stress of what is and what was, eventually drove me to the sewing machine.
While watching a zoom meeting, I finished 4 potholders...
As my sister said, my 5 sewing machines are all in perfect working condition.
Amazing what sewing does to one's disposition.!!


My dear friend, arthritis, forgot that today was a holiday.
It was however, a beautifully sunny crisp day to eat pancakes at IHOP with
two grands and my dearest DIL.
Lucky for us, tomorrow is a brand new day.
Grateful.


2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Thanks for the reminder about the ceramic tree. I have the one my mother did in a ceramics class and she gave it to me in 1974 when they were moving to Wisconsin. It has to be at least 60 years old.

Mystic Quilter said...

So good to read your happy post Diane, you're turning out delightful pot holders and such a lovely photograph of Aoife.