Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day 13 is Full of Love

.Finished with an hour to go...My March block for.
Purple shot cotton by Kaffe with Irish sheep...love..
I must say, Jen has perfect patterns...they go together with ease.
Lynsey made her grandmother the best cup of peach tea with honey and lemon
Dylan put woolie socks on Grandma's feet. ....lovely..
Imagination...They decided to cross-dress...OMG
Dylan wore his sister's South Charlotte Middle School's shirt and
her pink hi-top sneakers. Lynsey wore her Brother's red shoes (they wear the same size)
And, his favorite jeans...she made a fashion statement with his shirt in a knot and her Irish beads.
That Lynsey is our creative queen...she even slicked her brother's hair back for the picture.
She says that at 10 and 11, they are pre-tweens!!
My son went to Aldi...Now, we have decided for only a once a week grocery shopping.
 Tuesdays will be the day.
When shopping, my son wears a mask and gloves and puts his shirt soaking in a separate sink once home..
I am not allowed out of the house, but onto the porch to read.
I am boosted by the love.
My son is realizing that he has to be firmer with his children...Tonight he made the decisions and put them to bed...So happy.

This isolation situation brings me waves of grief for my dear man.
 Tears help let it wash over me.
I so miss him saying, "Don't worry sweetheart, we still have each other."
Grief is still love..so much love.

Dylan put himself on Google Classroom, one tech worry down.
No mask making tonight...just joyful sewing.

From gifted orphan blocks comes top number 4 for MQG outreach
Motivated, of course, by someone else who has all five finished..
Backing for the above top.
Clean cutting table...You have no idea how difficult this is for me..
with my focus all shot from grief and grand parenting and other things.
This is the miracle.
Sooo proud of myself.

You know how we are not supposed to touch our face...so impossible.
Well, I just saw a clip that said, if a person has a glass of wine in each hand, they
cannot possibly touch their face....and so it goes...the truth.


1 comment:

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

I've never thought of it that way, grief is love. How very true and I know you miss your dear man during this extra special time. Love is also in the caring sweet kindnessness of your grandchildren and it sounds like they care a lot about your safety. We are being super careful about grocery shopping too but we have to go more often (walking). It's kind of gross and now scary, thinking about all the hands that may have touched the groceries. I am literally washing my groceries these days!