Sunday, January 10, 2016

The Dash


I change at night..I turn fretful...worried and worried and missing my man.
Tonight it is the dash!!
Maybe I am missing a dash...Do I have one?
My man had a huge dash...am I in his shadow...
Is there time left for me to make a dash??
Enough, Mrs. O'Quilts...Goodnight Mrs. O'Quilts!!

The school counselor has a brand new big shot job.
She has loved our kids and they have loved her.
Tonight the grands colored potholders for her.... to say thanks.
They picked out their own backings..hilarious...
Dylan picked racoons and Lynsey picked Christmas trees.
With love Ms. C...from a 5 year old and a 6 year old.
You have made a difference in our lives.
 Love intently....

 


Here I am....Still...I am here.
I Love You Grievers
...Goodnight

2 comments:

Alcea Rosea 31 said...

Love the pot holders, perfect present.
Hugs

Karaquilts said...

Hello again ~ ~ I have missed our chats (I have been out of touch with my computer for several days ~ ~ quilting, can you believe it??) But I decided while reading a few of your posts in one setting that I love your sense of drama and emotion. A family member frequently makes negative comments about emotional behavior and melodrama ~ ~ but, I, for one, appreciate honest emotion and dramatic presentation. You do both so well and I always feel better after a few minutes with you. Thank you for sharing in such well-rounded ways. I'm so sorry you're losing a beloved counselor ~ ~ the good ones are such gems and not always easily replaced. I hope you will find the next one at just the right moment.