Thursday, May 5, 2016

Happy Birthday Mom...Cinco de Mayo and great memories

Happy Birthday Mom...guess you have missed 94 and 95
 Sunny waited for you...others claimed him...He misses you too..
 Poetry book number one!!  Celebration.
I bumped into a man today who remembered you...
Your mother was the poet, right??
She was great!!
He was right!!
How could this be...This picture was taken on the bus on the way home from a lunch bunch
outing...a few months before you died...This was winter...You died in May.
Just fell right out of that wheelchair and broke your neck.
Impatient for an outing..that you were.
I felt so cheated...I mean really, Grandma died at 99...and you were only 93..
Then I looked at this picture...
Mom...you look old, and fragile and you had Parkinsons.
You were so brave.
Selfish me, wanted you to stay.
Your bravery keeps me going!!!
xxoo  I am proud to be your daughter.

Collision
Wailing of the sirens
calling after me
I can hear them screaming
"EMERGENCY!"

Ageless, weightless, spirit, I,
like a snowflake in the sky,
soaring, floating, dreaming, I,
transient like a butterfly!
       
   Alice Franzen Clemons Burt
from the book, Circle of Love

For some reason I fight despair today...going back to bed..

1 comment:

smazoochie said...

I think anniversaries will always be hard. Or some silly thing.
Yesterday, I was out for a walk & a roseate spoonbill flew over, kind of circled me. I see them occasionally, but a big pink bird is always impressive & the gift of it flying right overhead & the circle -- well, I nearly sobbed. Even before you sent me your Mother's beautiful poem, I felt my Mother & my parents visited me in the form of birds.
Take care.