Saturday, June 20, 2020

Grandma O'Quilts Tries To Run Away From Home....Again...

Grrrr....Last night started off wrong...isolation with my son and two children..
Everyone on each other's nerves.  My son leaving the doctor with a diagnosis of a stomach ulcer.
Grandma O'Quilts deciding that the fail proof way to relax was to make a rope bowl.
Shutting both doors to my sewing room, I found this:

A small 50 year old scrap from a family table cloth.
I stripped it for a rope bowl...Not relaxing ,for the first time ever.
The table cloth fabric was raveled, the rope was too soft, the bowl would not hold its shape.
Then came my least favorite visitor, Pearl..
I admit that the virus and isolation makes me crazy.
I love to be with people....but, not Pearl.
She stayed the freaking night.
Lynsey crawled into bed with me and kicked me all night...no sleep for me.
The AC in my car is broken, so I could not take the kids for a ride.
My son took a small car job, leaving me at home with the two kids and Pearl.
The children started fighting.  He found a box to play in, she wanted it so she stepped on it with him inside..OMG  They are going nuts too.
Never mind my swollen purple arm from my fall..(sparing you the picture)
Hold on....I think Pearl is getting the hint..She is packing to leave...
It took a huge bowl of coffee ice cream that my sister brought last night to get rid of..
Poor  Pitiful Pearl!!

Soo proud of my daughter...sooo proud.
She organized this fundraiser...
35 weeks...My two girls..
So excited...xo

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

So sorry to hear of your troubles Diane! Be extra vigilant, you don't need another fall! So sorry to hear that your son has a stomach ulcer, hope this settles soon for him. This is a delightful photo of your 'two girls' and not too long before the happy day arrives, you'll be waiting for photos and these days it's so easy to Facetime, Zoom or Skype or any one of these modern ways of getting together virtually.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh that Pearl. Some visitors should peek in and turn and leave without a word from their mouths, rabble rousing by their deeds or words best left unsaid from their mouths.
(Cue the Door slam)
Sometimes its all about other things not what is happening in the here and now. You all have top much baggage to carry. Stick those trunks of unfilled hopes and dreams outside for today was a new day and tomorrow you can try again. Love you and yours and i don't even have to meet you. And oh my what a beautiful expectant mother and baby to be 🌛💜🌜