Friday, June 26, 2020

The Glory of it All

We extroverts are going nuts.....Help needed...
My patriotic quilt finally was hung with sticky Velcro on the downstairs bathroom wall.
My son hung the quilt, fixed the AC in my car, fixed the kids dinner, did the laundry...and...
Still I snapped at him....No one's fault but isolation and Covid-19
Talk about Crabby McNasty...that would be me.
I love my white holiday tree...up and lighted all year long.

See below the red heart on my husband's handicap bathroom wall.
Lynsey was only in Kindergarten when he died.
She came home from school and his bed was empty...he had died.
She taped this heart as high as she could reach to tell Granddaddy she loved him.
It is high on the wall...so it is closer to  heaven.
She did not want it taken down, She did agree we could put the quilt over it.
This morning the quilt was on the ground...Velcro was not the answer.
Stay tuned.
Anyway, tonight, in a temper snit, I went to Trader Joe's., just to run away from it all.
  I remembered that my doctor
had said, that it was the safest place..no one was there at 7:30pm.  This was my third outing in
4 months...It helped a lot...
After shopping, I pushed the cart around the parking lot to move my old achy body.

Tonight, mandatory masks started in North Carolina.  There was a lady in the store with a hankie tucked under her eyeglasses.  Mrs. O'Quilts to the rescue.
In my purse I carry a few extra masks I have made.  I gave one to her.
Now, that made my day.!!

My son told his irritable mother, to drive through the expensive houses on my way home from the store....That should give me a  reality check...Sure enough, it did..
Now, I am on to quilting a baby quilt for the MQG and watching a show on Netflix...
Just to get my mind in the right position...
Just to help me forget I am not in charge in this life of ours.
Actually, to help me be grateful that I am not.


Fun is coming tomorrow as I will be Zoomed into my daughter's baby shower in Portland. Oregon.
How nice is that.
And on we go...

No comments: