Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Gratitude for the Fluffy.

Today brought a drama...
But, since this is a quilting blog, I am going to feature some of my older quilts
to pad the way:

First up my international 12 inch snowball quilt.
Snowball quilt backing , flying geese made with leftovers from the front snowballing.
My veggie jar quilt for the gardener, Mary Pat
 The applique quilt I made for Lynsey's wall when she was young.
 Red Onion quilt, I gifted to Judy
Below, my favorite cat ever...Milito and buddy, Cookie
They are cuddling on one of the string quilts that I made from
clothes I bought during my trips to India in the 70's.
I made several of these and gave them to  my daughter.
These kitties are long gone....
Now for the story...I love a good story:

An enormous amount of weight was gifted to my body, since ALS came into my life.
I am grateful for the real and substantial me...
For I had a nasty fall this morning.
I broke nothing....because I bounced.
Thank you God.

My 4 fake joints are still working.
My old bones have thanked me for the protection.

Dearest Ellen left a present on my porch this morning...such opportune timing
She did not know that I had just fallen!!!
Two large bags of M&Ms in a lovely bag on my doorstop
, Just because she cares.
Dylan was squeamish...Lynsey just took care of business...even though it was not fun.

I slid on the shower water, I grabbed an antique clay piece my mother had made, instead of the counter...
My foot was cut, there was a mess...there was blood, there was screaming..broken glass covered the floor.  Everyone was scared.
Lynsey went into doctor mode.  She put on gloves and soaked my cut foot.
Then applied ointment.  She made me hot tea.
She helped my son get me off the floor.
Under medication, I feel better. My guess the morrow will bring more swelling and bruising.
Lynsey sauteed veggies for our dinner.
I wanted hot dogs, but she insisted on something healthy.
That girl....
I always sing to her...What would I do Without you.
I found this funny one:
What Would I Do Without You

At the end of the day, perspective has arrived.
I am thankful


4 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

Heal well..mind, body, spirit and bruised ego as well. Oh how klutzy we get with our senior slip ups!

I drop everything i pick up as though my right hand forgets to connect with my tired brain! I trip over invisible cracks and bumps that go owwwwie in the dark night.

Blessings to your support system that are always there picking you up again and cushioning the pain. Even if its those magic m&ms or fabric or beautiful healthy sautees!

What a special circle of family and friends you have!

Teresa said...

OH my goodness, so glad you did not break any bones and that someone was there to help you. I have taken several falls it seem in the last few years, breaking a wrist and in another ending up with a head concussion and in a trauma center for 4 days. And that does not count the many other times i have fallen. It always leaves you kind of in shock or unnerved even if not seriously injured. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Mystic Quilter said...

You were so lucky to have Lynsey at home Diane, hope you're feeling a little more comfortable now.

http://thankfullga447 said...

Wow how lucky you are to have Lynsey to help you. Didn't realize you had a fall. My granddaughters I don't think would help me and they are 19 and 22.