Thursday, June 18, 2020

Mortality......Me Too...

Mr O'Quilt's Music Quilt
Outreach baby quilt
My son, Eamon's quilt..all made from fabric from India...from clothes I wore.
I started hand piecing the Mariner's Compass when Eamon was just one.
I just gave it to him now...at 35..as he has been so wild all his life.
Indian fabric faded...still the memories have not...hand quilted.
The beginning of Rhonda's brain tumor quilt.

Another mini quilt show....because:
Today, I had another nasty fall.  I was just on my way outside to read when I slipped...
There must have been some sink water still on my shoes.
This is the second fall in one month.
The fall broke nothing...nothing but my spirit.
I had thought I was the Phoenix..now I realize, that is not true.
Life is fluid.
My fall frightened the children.
Lynsey called her father, her father called the neighbors,
I said...NO!!  But, 
The neighbors came running...got me up and into my chair.
I am bruised, my glasses are askew, 
My soul is struggling.
Our country is in revolution.
My body is in revolution.
I feel lost.

Cheering me are the pictures of my grands...being loved by the cats.
Below Lynsey 4 months and Tigger
 Below, Evan 3 years and my Milito
My mother's poem...just found...again"

by Alice Franzen Clemons Burt
Great memories.

Love is all there is...

3 comments:

Cathy Cartledge said...

Eamon's quilt brings tears of love to my eyes. Please hug him and tell him Happy Father's Day from me.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Eamon'a quilt is so beautiful. Your falls not so much. I can't pick things up without dropping them, spilling them, or breaking them. Our reflexes and muscle memory are askew..just like the world. We are all catty wampus.
Love your cattys on the quilts with babies, however. Cute little wampuses indeed.💞

http://thankfullga447 said...

I heard about your first fall but not this one. Oh, aches and pains are no fun. Why does company have to stay so long let them know you are tired and going to bed, at our age we can say things like that. Your quilts are
beautiful and the bowl came out great. I am working on some sewing items and I never get it right the first time or second; the third is usually good. All that is going on in this world today is scaring me and I can tell I am getting down. Besides, my older sister has stage 4 lung cancer;lives in CO, takes such good care of herself and never smoked in her life. I am in my stitchy chair and happy.