Saturday, June 6, 2020

The Very Good Day

An exciting day yesterday..I took a shower...ha ha  and did not fall.
I am off the walker and onto the cane.
Last night, I sewed.
I finished this baby clutch for my daughter.
And, if Nona doesn't like it, she can return it to me..as I love it.
Below the colors are truer. My girl loves that dusty rose look.
Funny how it was the same dusty favorite in style when she was born.
I think the fabric is Portland style...with the bears and the trees.
They love to go camping.
I tried to refresh my buttonhole expertise..but found that my machine made 8 kinds of buttonholes
Way past my learning curve.

These changing mats were mailed off last week.
I tried hard to make them with the fabric she may like...not me.
The vinyl sides below:
Emily ordered the below grey linen "laminate" from China,2 months ago.
It came here last week..Jeeze.  I think it is oilcloth and not laminate because it is quite
heavy...but made it and left it up to her to use or not.

Pretty proud of Charlotte..
Protesters are talking to looters...telling them to cut it out.
Police chief is often on the streets holding meetings with the people.
Mayor is on the streets meeting with the people.
Amazing....
The knowledge...that looters are looters and protesters are protesters.
We are not perfect...but so much better.
The police have a hard job.  However, so do parents
We both have to do it right.

When my husband was in a wheelchair with ALS, three police came to the door looking for my son.
I talked with them, as my son no longer lived with us, I gave them his phone number and they spoke with him on the phone.  Those three police were soooo nice.

About a half hour later another policeman called my husband on his cell threatening him.
Telling him that if he did not produce our son, he would go to jail himself.

Well...that flew all over me, as my husband was dying and our son had not lived with us in years.
I called the number on the card of the first police officer.
I told him that we had co-operated and I did not appreciate my husband being threatened.
I said I was calling the central police headquarters.
This police said he would take care of it personally. 
In five minutes, that mean police officer called my man with an apology.
And...so it goes...

Last night, Lynsey's teacher brought dinner for us...so yummy and so nice.
She heard that Lynsey had been cooking since my fall..and wanted to give her a break.
How sweet!!!!!!
Today, I am better...so much better...so relieved.

Grateful for the miracle God helped my man send me...our son, healthier than in 25 years.
Grateful for the outpouring of support from friends.

A beautiful day in Charlotte to sit outside under a tree and read or doze.
90 degrees...reminds me of Miami.

3 comments:

Cjsmimi said...

Thank you, friend, for the positivity. I needed it this morning. As you say, communication is so important and is the answer to most conflicts. Let's hope our city and country can keep it up. Also, good to hear that you're feeling better, stronger. Yay!! Wishing you a blessed Sunday! :)

Michele Bilyeu said...

I am happy crying for you with a happy heart. A good day, a very good post. Your good good dear man absolutely is your and your son's guardian angel now and oh what a beautiful blessing this son has been. It makes my heart so proud for all of you.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Oh forgot to say..I love love love love that clutch. She will too.