Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Turning Fear into Faith

Lynsey made applesauce last night...our first time, since Granddaddy died.
She washed and cored them all.. She boiled it down...and mashed them.
I would show a picture of the applesauce, but it is all gone!!
Today is my grandmother's birthday.
She was born in 1896, died in 1996.
She would have been 124 years old today...
What am I thinking, as I miss her so????
Lynsey and I at her doctor's appointment...her 11 year old physical brought 3 shots and
one blood test...took two nurses to hold her and ruined her disposition for the morning.
Matching hair cuts...Daddy and Dylan...free, homemade.
Father's Day watermelon.
Fourth of July basket for Pat..
 After...4 months in isolation, now I have so much trouble walking.
Missing the pool, I have been exercising in for 12 years...I doubt that
a senior center pool will be opening soon...as our governor just mandated masks for all.
And, he delayed opening stage 3 for a number of weeks...Scary times.
In my wildest thoughts, I cannot understand why some people believe politicians instead of science!!!
Cheering myself with an old, but favorite Bento box I have made.

Nancy loaned me Nordiac poles for walking ....trying them out..
We all look so adorable in our masks.  Speaking of masks...well I made a ton for presents...then I used  one myself...Good Lord...people's heads are different sizes...Now I have to try another pattern that is more adjustable....
I hope all my family and friends can adjust the ones I sent.

I have my hair in a ponytail for the first time in 50 years...
I miss my friends and going out to lunch.
Now Quilt Con is going to be online.  I am not going to bother..OMG.
But, I am going to give myself another attitude adjustment and just go sew!!

My girl is 36 weeks pregnant...baby is already head down..due July 23.
So exciting.  I told her Cora or Rona would be good names, but oh, no..she does not listen to her mother.
My son is vacuuming.  Dylan is scrubbing to earn money for some video game.
Lynsey is cleaning and coring the peppers.
My girl is 36 weeks and her baby has already positioned head downward.

I am forgetting to turn fear into faith.
This old, warm loving picture, helps me.

Peter told me to spell God with a capital G...My guess is that that advice was more than just  grammar...
Rich told me he wanted to knock some sense into my head???
.I do not get that one.
But, I do know that when my man told me to "Just Go Sew"...it always worked...always!!!
ALWAYS!!!!

5 comments:

Peter K said...

Go sew. What a wondrous feminine devotion! May God bless.❤

Mystic Quilter said...

Hope your following his advice and sewing!! Good for Lynsey getting busy in the kitchen, had a chuckle learning that the applesauce is already gone. Nice photo of your son and Dylan and the one of yourself and Lynsey, even though you're wearing masks.

Cherie said...

I do hope you are being gentle with yourself today. How exciting to have a new baby due soon. My Granddaughters are Lacey, Lydia, Savannah and Melody, such pretty names.

Michele Bilyeu said...

Great photos. You look so pretty in yours! I love them--hides my wrinkles and saggy jowls. 💜 Happy sewing 💜

Karmen said...

I miss my pool too! I found a 40 year old bicycle im my garage, so I am out looking like a crazy old lady on a bike, but I don't care. We lost a family member a week ago, one more tested positive and 5 of us waiting on test results. I live alone, but two of my sons came over and collapsed crying into my arms as the deceased family member was my ex-husband, and their dad.

I ride my bicycle in the sunshine for those who cannot ride anymore, and I am grateful.

BTW your Bento Box quilt is gorgeous! I gave the one I made to my German boyfriend. He live in Germany....don't know when we'll see each other again.