Sunday, July 5, 2020

As Good as it gets is Pretty Good

Look Look Look
Anna Patt, from our Good Vibes Quilters
made a mask quilt...plus she made 400 masks....
Thanks to new blogger, the picture is not too clear..
She offers her pattern if you would like.

Lynsey and Dylan worked on their quilts this morning...unprompted..
They are learning a lot...Grandma happy!!!
Friend came by the other day for a masked, 6 ft distance visit on my porch.
Soooo wonderful...Here is her gift...a native  honeysuckle to draw hummingbirds.
Now I have it by my sewing room window.
From dear L...I learned that my old Crab Apple tree is no longer.
It was replaced by a volunteer Black Cherry tree...Who would have known that.
We have had it for years.
Fruit yummy, seed pods arsenic!!

TBTG  I am so trying not to drown in Covid news..!!
News today:  The children said that my sewing room is not mine any more.. It belongs to them too.
Except I am supposed to clean it....Interesting.

There is a huge increase in Covid in Portland where my daughter lives.. This mother is trying not to worry about what I cannot control.  Making new baby kerchief bibs instead.
Two sided.
These bibs are secured with plastic snaps.
Bib pattern is from Sew4Home

Thanks to my sister, they are being mailed to my daughter tomorrow.
Lynsey made her first pizza from frozen pizza dough.

Lynsey and her father made marshmallow frosting for a holiday cake...
She put marshmallows in blue food coloring..a learning experience!!

Making a face mask from a Krispy Kreme Donut box
Yes...It has come to this!!!!!!!
Thank you...Crafts in December!
Made a new Bronco mask for 15 year old Evan...
He said we cannot...Cannot!! wear matching masks.
Fine...I am not sensitive!!

Friday night, I ventured out in mask attire to the grocery store.
Holiday treat: one pound of Red Argentine Shrimp
This was my first time cooking them.
Everyone was happy.
That is what we aim for..not always happens.
Tomorrow physical therapy..
Dear, dear old me...

Dear New Blogger.  Why would  you do this when we are already stressed????
Cannot find labels...ugh
 

No comments: